Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_W

FS2004 Wish List

Dear Fellow Flight Simulation Ethusiasts,As a member of the Project Airbus forum too, I decided to undergo a project, requesting all aviation enthusiasts to put in their two cents on what improvements they'd like to see in future versions of Flight Simulator. Now I'm asking everyone on here for their suggestions. Please post them here and for further details see the following URL: http://www.the-wu.org/cgi-bin/paforum/YaBB...;num=1032393657Thank you and I can't wait to hear your suggestions. Also, if people from the AVSIM seniority could forward their ideas, it's sure to capture Microsoft's attention.Regards,C-GTGK

C-CTGKThe main new feature in FS2004 for me would be a dynamic weather system and realistic looking clouds including CBS and correct cloud types for different conditions.I would even like the ability for FS2004 to import weather from charts with current high and low pressure sytems and their associated fronts.Apart from that more improvements to the aircraft dynamics and fully functional VCS.Maybe as a fun thing dynamic aircraft interiors with interactive passengers and interactive co-pilotsMaybe thats asking too much :-)Oh and a mega powerful computer to make it all work smoothly ;-)Peter

Well,first of all, the ATC needs to be updated. SID's and STAR's should be included, holding patterns too.More airports with the quality of the FS2002 O'hare default airport especially outside the US.More features like TCAS, real weather (with a fluent weather changing system) and more functions in the panels.All current GMAX aircrafts have to be compatible with the FS2004. Optional the FSDS(2) aircrafts, too.All FS2002 sceneries should be compatible in FS2004.A soon release of all SDK's after the release of FS2004.If they would fix these points for FS2004, that would be enough for my first thoughts...Ansy

We just went through all of this --- again---, a few weeks ago... on this forum!L.Adamson

I agree with others about dynamic weather systems. Its the place we spend our flight time, so it should get the same treatment as some of the sceneries these days. Fronts, pressure areas, gusting winds/squalls, random turbulence, cloud formations.Also having the ability within FS to enter an airport code and get a reading of the airports weather, and to print it out.Improving the navigation/fligth planner would be nice. Just to make it easier. Not to the complexes of FSNavigator, but similar.Virtual cockpits and cabins. I would be great to move around it all, rather than just moving a few feet. Also improving fps would be good as VC's will become more and moere realistic in the future.Finally ATC needs a big improvement. The menus are good, but could include more options - change altitude, and then giving you options available, same for course deviations due to cloud, emergencies. SID's and STAR's could be difficult, but could be implemented, with a few coded by MS, and then issuing an SDK or something so that we can finish it off :-)Things I don't think need improving much are:-Scenery - 3rd party activity will do all thatAircraft - With Gmax and FSDS, they are pretty much as good as they are going to get I think. They now have round fuselages and engines and great animation.

Alaister Kay

Guys - this is your last chance to get ideas in - I'm sending them in this weekend so hurry!!!!Thanx,C-GTGK

Just had a GOOD IDEA!Why don't MS add abit of life to the airports; as well as moving vehicles we would also like some sound.Sounds of:- Aircraft starting up their engines after they have been pushed back,- the many trucks etc that operate around an airport- AND the sounds of aircraft on the runway being heard right across the airport eg. reverse thrusters from a/c landing, and full throttle noise as a/c are taking off.PS. What about even birds/people..... etc?Don't forget to send them my FS2002 Wishes listing, available from one of the links provided for you in this posting.Will

Great stuff guys! Keep 'em coming. Everyone please - put in your two cents as well :)!!!

1. More serious attention to developing the helicopter capabilities2. Support for FMC, LNAV and VNAV functions directly in FS -- overall the default heavy iron panels remain pitiful compared to the third party offerings, but MS could make it easier for the others to program for FS.3. More realistic weather transitions4. Better tracking on ILS approaches!5. More realistic tracking of VORs in flight.6. MS should license FSNav and Radar Contact and incorporate them into the sim.7. Do not obsolete legacy third party aircraft, or at least work with best sellers (Wilco, Dreamfleet, PSS) to keep their products working in the new release8. Improve versatility of harware interface to support major third party hardware (Aerosoft Australia MCP, GoFlight modules, PFC products, etc).9. More realistic VCs -- the POSKY CRJ is the best yet, but much more needs to be done.

Guest Dakota

I think the biggest thing lacking from FS2002, that for me is just screaming out to be improved is the flight model itself. It is realistic for control, but it would be nice if they could make it somethig like X-plane where you really feel like you are traveling through air, with all the little bumps and nuances that happen when flying. FS2002 just seems alittle too stable and sterile in that area. That more then anything, along with all the other things FS2002 has going for it, would provide imersion beyond disciption.

well,I'm more for a "do only what you're good at,the add-on developers will do the rest"-appraoch.I don't need a good default flight model,I won't use it anyway.I hope they spend their time in ATC engine and generic scenery,...the add-on developers will do the rest

Hmm, I don't sick that MS is actually that good in the ATC department. If you want the fine nuances of different countries' ATC, there's no other way than flying online with VATSIM or IVAO.I'd like to see better weather, better scenery, easier way to connect to online-flying, and, as they work with Jeppesen, a NAV-database that is updated regularly and that add-on aircraft (with its FMCs) have access to.Edit: If they make changes for 2004 (highly likely), provide information to the developers sooner!!!Ciao Marco EDDF