Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Do old CH Pro Pedals work w/ CH USB Yoke + Win XP ?

Hi !I'm in the process of buying old (4-5 yrs.) gameport CH Pro Pedals, which have two separate cables extending from the unit. The other is put into gameport, and you're supposed to attach a joystick to the other.Question:I'm using the CH flightsim USB Yoke and Windows XP. Would the older Pro Pedals work with this combo, if I have no additional joystick to attach to the second cable?The PDFs at chproducts' Website say that no, but some people claim to run systems such as mine with these older pedals.Info on the matter much appreciated!!!Tero

PPL(A)

Guest RiddlePilot

My suitemate last year bought the USB Yoke off my roomate and I let him borrow my old gameport pedals to see if he could get them to work (through a gameport to USB converter). He was running Windows ME and could not get it to work. I'm assuming its probably the same with XP

My current experience with 98SE, CH Gameport Pedals, and USB Saitek 45. Bought the cheapest of gameport joysticks and hooked it and the pedals together so the gameport will "see" the pedals. Works w/o problems. Even cheaperand smaller solution, add a resistor into the pedals to gameport connection to "fool" the gameport into thinking a joystick is present. You will have to search to find the exact procedure.Your mileage will probably be very different with XP. But if you have an old gameport joystick you can check real quick. Bob

I have a very similar setup and yes it does work for me. My setup:Win XPCh USB yoke CH pro pedals gameport versionCH pro throttle gameport version(to get this to work I had to also hookup my gameport ch flightstick but I don't use it)I just hook all of the old gameport stuff up chained together. To answer your question, I was able to get just the pedals and the yoke to work without hooking up an additional joystick. I just needed the joystick once I tried using the throttle control.Everything works fine in xp, except that as the drivers state, none of the buttons on the throttle work. Also the toe brakes don't work since the pedals are plugged into the gameport. Just get the xp driver from the ch website.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Tero,The only way to do this properly, is to join the two pedals cables into one and connect that to the gameport (or via a USB convertor, to a USB port).Download file corrected_chpedbrake.zip from the library, and it shows you exactly how to connect that.When you do, you'll have both a rudder and toebrakes axis which you can install as a generic "2-axis" controller with pedal option set.This will work on WIndows 98(SE), Me AND XP, and is independant of the Yoke you use.Rob