Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro-Thank you-the best!!

Seba, I already tried that, I read over the instructions multiple times and I tried that and still couldn't get it to work right.Scott

Great addon!Is there any way I can turn my head using the mouse without having to hold down the mouse button at the same time?- Kenny B

Guest Sabadin

I found using the head latency at 1.2 on landing in small planes is incredible. Doing the flare in the 172 with it turned on was as good as I've ever seen on a PC.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi macky42,You couldn't stop walking maybe because you were running and released the shift key after the walk key (shift + num keypad 8,4,2 or 6). To stop running you have to release the shift BEFORE the num keypad. In case it happens again, you can easily stop the "pilot" by pressing and releasing the walk key again.Regarding the head latency it is very subjective as I yet told in this tread. Lateral head latency is maybe not perfectly rendered. But IMHO the vertical head latency seems realistic. When you apply a backward pressure to the stick your head tends to move down and in case of a forward pressure the head tends to move up. It is a basic physical principle (FYI I have 650 hours total flight time on small airplanes, including 200+ hours on aerobatics). Set the head latency rate to zero if you want to disable this feature.Glad you appreciate the add-on.Serge BAYEwww.anticyclone.be

Geof,I am assuming you are the creator of the Debonair files available here on Avsim. It looks really good from the pictures. I just downloaded it and am about to take it for a spin. You should always give a description of what aircraft you are using when you post screenshots. Especially when they are your own. And especially when they look that good.ThanksJay

Guest Thomas K

Love the add-on. A suggestion of a feature to add would be a lot of trembling and shaking when the aircraft is moving on the ground.Those of us who have been in cockpits during takeoff and landing or have seen cockpit videos will know the tremendous amount of shaking that goes on in the nose area of the aircraft. It would be great to see this feature implemented in Active Camera.Thomas

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi Phil, >>The head latency function is subjective (depends on the >personal interpretation and feeling of either authors and >users). >>Practically the add-on computes the difference between a >reference point in the cockpit and another ref point in the >horizon. Other parameters are also computed (mainly the >position of the airplane in the FS world) The resulting >offset defines the movement of the head. The only reason my head would move in an AC would be due to G loads. In a coordinated turn there is no side force realative to the cockpit. Though, the Down G force increases slightly -- to 2.0 G in a 60 degree bank. There are G-loads due to x,y, and z chages in speed, but also due to yaw, pitch, and roll axis accelerations. The latter depend on ones distance from the center of rotation. If one were wearing a helmet the forces would be greater. Military pilots wear helmets at times. During the start and end of a Roll, ones head would be forced to one Side -- assuming it is above the center of rotation. During a rapid but constant Roll it would be pulled up due to 'centrifugal force'. I can generate graphs of the Roll motion: it is quite constant but for a fraction of a second before and at the end of a Roll manauver. The details depend on Roll Damping, Roll MoI, and Aileron deflection.>I'm not convinced the add-on does the opposite of your >request. The head doesn't turn in the opposite direction but >tends to counteract the direction of the turn, but once >again it depends on the feeling and/or real experience of >the user. How strongly he holds his head level. ;) I never noticed movement between the instrument panel and horizon when I was flying. Which typically did not generate over 1.2 G over a complete flight.>..tends to move up). About the lateral head latency Guillaume >can eventually adjust the algoritm and find a compromise. We >shall of course consider your remarks (when time permits >...) >Serge BAYE >www.anticyclone.be The accelerations and G-loads should all be available somewhere in sim1.dll, but probably only the Down G load is easily available. That is what changes a G-Meter reading. Ron

Guest cwright

>May have found a bug with this though >- after a while I can't stop walking - it just keeps moving, >even if I disable the internal & external views and reenable >them. I saw the same problem, once. I had to re-run FS2002 to clear it. I've seen some other problems also, but it's a great add-on! Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Serge, Congratulations and thanks for a *great* program! Once my pilot also refused to stop walking. Pressing and releasing the walk keys had no effect. I had to exit FS to stop him walking. Also, pressing SHIFT has no effect, which is very odd. This is a shame, as I wanted to walk some distance and running would have saved a lot of time! One other major problem. In external pilot mode the view keeps switching to what appears to be a view of the ground. It's random and flickers quite fast. Also, when this happens the sound is affected. The flickering is so bad as to make this mode almost unusable. Mine's a P3 800 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM, GeForce 1 32 Mb, Win 98SE. One other small thing. The ALT key sequence to access the menu uses C. Unfortunately the menu already uses a C for another function, so pressing ALT-C will access that and not Active Camera. I love the fly by views and the head latency. Also it allows you to move an unlimited distance in the virtual cockpit, something impossible by default - very useful for passenger cabins! One suggestion for a future version. It would be very nice to be able to assign the key commands - a simple ini file that has to be edited manually would be fine. The problem is that the Active Camera key assignments overwrite any previous key assignments - naturally I had already assigned the keypad keys to other functions. Also, if some other addon program assigned key commands you could have a conflict, making it impossible to run the two addons together. So the ability to user-assign the keys would be very useful. Once again, many thanks for a brilliant addon! Best regards, Chris Wright

Guest goon

You're bang on there Sabadin, the flare with the head latency on is so much easier to judge.Any chance the zoom function could have an option to disable? I use a second monitor for my 2D cockpit, and like to use the mouse wheel for the dials and nobs. Not desperately important, and I can relearn these things if necessary!Cheers,Gareth Evans

I also love this utility- the latency feature has totally changed my VFR flying with VCs for the better!If you like the utility, consider sending a few $$ (I sent $15) to the developers as a "tip" via PayPal (or some other service). They deserve a few beers for their efforts!-Simon