Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro-Thank you-the best!!

This is a wonderful fantastic addition. The 3d virtual cockpits take on a new meaning with this utility-almost like having a virtual helmet on without the headache!Thank you Serge BAYE, Guillaume DARIER, Andy NEWMAN for one of the most useful utilities I have seen. :-beerchughttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

hi geofais there link for active camera pro.can't seem to find it.have the original active camera..brilliant.makes such a lot of difference.one of my favourite addons..also should add my thanks to.serge guillaume and andy.fantastic work best wishes steve

Like I need another reason for more screenshots!!! LOLThanks for the link!Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest jaapverduijn

I had a look at the website, which did not enlighten me much. What on earth is it FOR?Jaap Verduijn.

For one it allows you to move around in your virtual cockpit like real life-and is very smooth and realistic like moving your head or moving-zooming in and out to have a closer look-both ouside and inside:For instance-1st shot-approaching landing in the vc2nd-a quick zoom in for the primary six3rd-a quick look how it all looks to my backseat passengersAll fluidly and easily (no more ctrl shift backspaces-but a fluid movement of the mouse). I find it increases the realisim 100 fold!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest Don_Eliot

Geofa, thanks for the heads up on this one(no pun intended). I installed it after reading your message. Have been flying for the last twenty minutes. This is more fun than I had imagined,especially the head latency! This is a great addition. Don

Guest jaapverduijn

Thanks Geofa! I might give it a try.Jaap Verduijn.

I have just downloaded this utitlity, and will try it out when I fly tomorrw. Quick question though: I fly with Phoenix's Airbus 320 where you cannot operate/read all instruments/guages from the virtual cockpit view. Does this utility make it possible to do that?thanks in advance..SSunil Mulay

Guest PhilC

I have been a big fan of ActiveCamera since it first came out. Mostly because it added the flyby view that I missed coming from XPlane to MSFS. The latest upgrade adds even more features. It's even better! But I do have one question...Can someone explain the 'head latency' feature a little better? The included documentation barely touches on it.The reason I ask is that it comes close to adding another feature that I have wanted for a long time. That is, when taxiing or in the air, when I make a turn, I would like the head to turn toward the turn much like you would do in real life. This add-on seems to do just the opposite. For example, when taxiing, I turn left and the head view turn right. What exactly is it simulating?A nice addition to the add-on would be the ability to do as I described above. Maybe the author will consider this?

Guest Anticyclone

Sunil,With Active Camera Pro you can read instruments and gauges from the virtual cockpit of any FS aircraft featuring a VC but you cannot operate the switches, levers etc with the mouse. Interactivity (clickable VC) has to be programmed separately for each aircraft (yet another technology).Serge,www.anticyclone.be

Not to take away from Active camera, The TrackIR gives head panning. I use 3d glasses and I put the track dot on the glasses. For zooming I assigned the zoom to the hat switch, which is not needed anymore.I just downloaded Active Camera today and see it can be a usefull tool too.Have A Good Day !!!! Rex

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Phil,The head latency function is subjective (depends on the personal interpretation and feeling of either authors and users).The latency (I'm not sure the word is appropriate since French is our mother language) means for us the natural position of the head in the cockpit. Guillaume has programmed a very complex algoritm and sure it is not 100 % perfect. The add-on has been developped without SDK and it was necessary to spy the memory of a running FS2002 in order to decode thousands of data. Practically the add-on computes the difference between a reference point in the cockpit and another ref point in the horizon. Other parameters are also computed (mainly the position of the airplane in the FS world) The resulting offset defines the movement of the head. I'm not convinced the add-on does the opposite of your request. The head doesn't turn in the opposite direction but tends to counteract the direction of the turn, but once again it depends on the feeling and/or real experience of the user. I have dozens hours of flight time on Extra 300, Pitts S2B and other aerobatics aircrafts and when I make a turn I don't let my head "falling" toward the direction of the turn. It allows me to have a reliable reference to the horizon.You know, Phil, it is so subjective ...Undoubtedly the vertical head latency seems me real (when you apply a backward pressure to the stick your head tends to move down and in case of a forward pressure the head tends to move up). About the lateral head latency Guillaume can eventually adjust the algoritm and find a compromise. We shall of course consider your remarks (when time permits ...)Best regards,Serge BAYEwww.anticyclone.be

Guest PhilC

Yeah, but Active Camera is FREE!!!I'm just not ready to add any hardware at this time.Still would like the 'head latency' question answered. :-)