Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

FS Meteo Info Needed

Hello, I would like to purchase Fs Meteo, I have tried many freeware addons without satisfaction, Can you give me some feedback about this utility?Martin

Guest SoarPics

Hi Martin,I consider FS Meteo to be one of the "must have" addons for this sim. It works very well, is easy to use once you've studied the manual (which doesn't take long), and usually works very well. Some have complained that the updates aren't correct, but this is more often than not the fault of a reporting station, and has nothing to do with FS Meteo. Marc is great to work with, and seems on top of things always. My only beef about the program is that it wants to see the simulator running before it will start D/Ling weather. But this is no reason to not buy it. It surely will enhance your simming experience.Hope this helps... you won't regret the purchase.

As I get more into FS2k2 and try some of the add ons, I personally am finding that some of the payware program do not do very much more than FS2k2 does itself. They do not really add anything to the simulation. It seems as if everybody is trying to get your money.I bought FS Meteo because I think it gives much more realistic weather than FS2k2. Although, I really could have lived the weather program in FS2k2, but FS Meteo lets you do more with the weather. I think what makes an add on worth while depends on what you are trying to do with FS2k2. It depends on how deep you want to get into it. Are you a casual simmer or serious simmer?I think there are probably a lot of useless programs out there for FS2k2, but FS Meteo is a good one. It is probably the last program I will buy for FS2k2.

>My only beef about the program is that it wants to see the simulator running before it will start D/Ling weather.,Not strictly true.If you only want to download weather and stay off line FSMeteo will do that without FS running; check in the preferences settings.BTW Surprised you feel FSMeteo is 'must have' Redtaildevil considering your question about FSNav.Guess you need to 'play' with FSNav more; that was the point of my reply to that thread.Rgds

My $.02.DON'T HESITATE ... not even another second.1. I have used this neat little add-on continuously over the past 9 months. Flown around the world ... 120 legs in various aircraft .. PIC767, DF737 and the PSSA320 ... FS_Meteo works flawlessly for me.2. If you live in Biak, Irian Jaya (When i was little, it was called New Guinea), excuse me, but I had never heard of Biak .. 10000 foot runway, ILS ... good grief. For Biak and many remote (i guess not remote anymore) places, METEO always had the weather. Anchorage, to Punta Arenas, Helsinki to Capetown, Kathmandu to Darwin ... never failed me once.3. If you want additional "Weather Related Reality" to your sim flying ... then METEO is it. Clouds, winds aloft, weather on the ground. Before each flight I take a look at http://aviationweather.gov/fltfldr/ .. which has weather maps and winds/temps aloft for the whole planet. I look to see what I will encounter on my route, and whether I need to amend my flight plan to avoid major embedded thunderslouds (CB) ... and METEO has never failed to be correct when compared to the weather forecasts. Last night, A320 from Luqa, Malta to EGLL ... major quartering headwinds up to 97kts over the south of France. Just as advertised.4. And lastly, if you use FSFLIGHTMAX, METEO wll now feed real weather to it ... and you can see the real storms and embedded CB on the FSFLIGHTMAX radar screen.Pretty amazing what you can simulate these days. Marc Philibert also provides excellent, quick response to questions.Regards,Paul BenoitKBOS