Sign in to follow this  

Thankyou from Iraq

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the AVSIM staff, and all of those that contribute, for making the past 15 months in Iraq bearable. When we left home FS9 had not been released and most of the flight sim enthusiasts here (There are many) have had to rely on the news and forums at AVSIM to keep abreast. Due to security and bandwidth constraints we couldn't download from the library but we could access the forums. Now most of us can't wait to get home to try out FS9. This is a great hobby and your efforts have really been appreciated by all of us. Thanks again!:-jumpy

You are most certainly welcome Jim. Please pass our regards on to all who are serving there! Please be safe, and let us know when you make it back state side and have had a chance to strap on FS9!

Guest Coneman

I need to interject a big THANK YOU to all of you in Iraq. You have our heart-felt gratitude for what you are doing. ALL of you are heroes to us, and we pray for you daily. We simply couldn't be prouder of the amazing job you have done. God bless you all.Deepest respect,ToddUSA

First we salute you and your fellow soldiers! Second when you get back home drop me a line and we'll get some aircraft to ya':-)Thanks for your service and we wish you and yours the very BEST!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Many thanks to all serving in Iraq, Godspeed.Jeff "Ace" FreyAM1(AW) USNCommander, US Pacific Fleet Executive Transport

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest Philip Olson

I also would like to jump in here and thank you and your fellow solders for what you are doing. My family and I pray for all of you daily, you are never forgotten. I also often wonder what it would be like to be there, trying to rebuild a country, improving schools, utilities, streets, and just about everything else while some low lifes try to ruin it all. I can see a lot of pride and joy in being there and helping to bring a better life to a group of people, it is just too bad that some people seem intent not to let it happen. Anyway just know that whenever you read these forums there are a lot of people here that really appreciate your efforts and if you need anything we are here for you. If you want downloads just let me know what you want and I will burn them to a CD and send them to you priority mail ASAP! No sense in you suffering while I am here enjoying all of these downloads. I am very serious, tell me what you want and you will get it. Email me at polson@neo.rr.com I wish all of you the very best and will pray for you all until every solder has returned home. Philip Olson & familyhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest crashing_pilot

from Holland,we also pray you may return home safely.and,though it may sound different at times,some of us do appreciate what you guys and girls are doing overthere.thanks,and take carecheers

Guest lamont

God Bless you and all those in harm's way. It's amazing how far technology has come in 30 plus years. I can still remember standing in line for hours to place an airwave call home from Vietnam donated by some very dedicated ham operators.Our thoughts are always with you and when you get back, please visit your local VFW post to get a personal thank you.Lamont DuncanCommanderVFW Post 2122Inglewood, CA

Lamont,"standing in line for hours to place an airwave call home from Vietnam donated by some very dedicated ham operators"Many of us remember those days. Thanks for posting.

Jim,Tell the troops, hello from all the OSS staff from the US, UK, EU,& Israel.You guys are doing a great job over there. :-) Keep your damn heads down and get back safe. I never made the gulf during the first campaigns as you guys ended the war in 36 hours. My younger bro was there in the 3AD though. I got Korea (2/72AR, Camp Casey) instead a few years after in 93-94', after serving at Ft. Cartoon from 92-93. 90-91 was spent at Ft. Knox, Ft. Hood, and Camp Shelby (returning a Nasty Guard unit those of us on A-Duty were training for the first gulf war.You'll love FS9 :-) Take care and make sure you got lots of poggy bait for your duffels. If you can find an Armor Unit, M1's make great cooking surfaces...lol.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Good Luck Out there, Jim. Good Luck and you will be happy to play FS9 when you return back to the states.