Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

gauge uninstaller......

Guest dek

Does anyone know of a aircraft/gauge uninstaller for FS2002 that works in Windows Xp Pro? I think I've tried all of the ones in the library. The latest I used is called airgau41. As with the others,this one removed many gauge files used by other active aircraft, including all of my Lear gauge files. Also, it did not remove all gauge files not being used.This seems to be a problem with Xp.Any help appreciated,dek

What is the advantage of using a gauge cleaner? Does it help the sim run faster/smoother?If the gauge cleaner simply moves the unused gauge files to another folder, this really doesn't save disk space does it? Or are the moved files compressed?Just curious as to why I should do this?Thanks, Steve J.

Guest dek

First, thanks to someone (above messsage). I'll give it a try.Steve, I often use a gauge cleaner to simply get gauges off my computer. Why have them if they are not used? They're usually available for re-download if you change your mind.Also, since FS2002 is known to be CPU intense, why tax it by making it sort through more gauge files to get to the correct ones?Just my feelings, dek

Guest Scott Campbell

Kimmo,Send me an e-mail with exactly what you're doing when you get the error.

Guest UweR

Hi, I use FS Panel Studio and WinXP and haven