Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Sim Hanging when starting

I have just loaded FS2002, Pro Edition, and when I try to start, the screen goes black and freezes. I have went to Microsoft Knowledgebase and found artical Q316958 about the problem with a potential virus and the Riched20.dll and Riched32.dll files. I have ran a full virus scan(Mcafee) on my computer and found nothing. I then did what the Article advised and I still have the problem.Does anyone know what may be happening?ThanksSystem:Pentium 4Operating System - XP

Guest Lindy

This is interesting, Jake. I too am having similar problems with MY FS2K2 Pro. They just started recently. I thought perhaps I simply had too many sceneries installed, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I uninstalled FS, defragged my drive and did a fresh reinstall of the program and without adding anything back in except my planes and gauges folders, I'm still getting the black screen and/or program freeze!It's frustrating to say the least. Good luck-Lindy :-wave

Since you just installed fs2002, it is more than likely you may have an incompatiblity with your graphics adapter, sound, controller chips drivers. What are the specs for your computer. Provide detail about the different cards, drivers, etc.

I tried reloading the program and it still did the same.I am using the GeForce3(64meg)The video driver is 40.41. I thought about reloading 30.82 in case the later driver was causing the problem. I'll try that if I don't hear from anyone.Pentium 41.7GHz512meg ramThanks for the feedback.Lindy - What version video driver are you using?

Guest Lindy

Hi Jake......I'm not sure which version video driver I'm using. I THINK it's the 30.82. I know it's a WHQL nVidea driver that has been working wonderfully for months. It's on my 2nd computer, and I'll go check to make sure and let you know. I too have reinstalled the program and without adding anything back in, it's still no longer working for me. Most frustrating!!-Lindy :-wave EDIT: Oops, my mistake. I'm using the 29.42 drivers. -L

Are you up to date on your WinXP pre SP1 updates or have you installed SP1?My present graphics adapter is VisionTek Geforce 2Ti 64MB DDR. I was using the 29.42 drivers with no problems until Microsoft's update website offered the 30.87. I updated with no problem.What controller chips do you have, Intel, Sis, Via, AMD, etc. What sound card/on-board?

Check your monitor's refresh rate! I had been messing with GTU and my 29.42 detonators and somehow my refresh rate got porked. It was running at too high a setting for my monitor. Changed it and all is working well now. I had a very similar problem. When i started the sim, I got a black screen with a mouse and the puter was hung. I changed the refresh and all is well again.Hornit