Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Contact Points for Mel's 747 with PSS FDE

Guest flightpro08

Hey everyone. I've always merged the POSKY visual model with the PSS FDE and air files by simply using the old POSKY contact points, and copying them over the default PSS ones. When I went to use Mel's 747 contact points with the PSS FDE file, the aircraft sank into the ground. Yes, I know I could just alias the panel into Mel's 747 aircraft folder, and I know this isn't offically supported, but I like using the PSS FDE and air files as this insures full compatability with the PSS panel. So, after a lengthly discription (perhaps too long ;-)), has anybody made a set of contact points for the PSS FDE file that works with Mel's visual model? (Would love to do it myself, but I have no knowledge of working with contact points. :-()Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

I was just about to post the same message...I to would like to merge Mel's aircraft with PSS...Any help..,please..Troy

Yeah, I'm waiting for someone to do it too :)Aliasing it won't work, the FDE is far from being compatible with the panel. The engines are very unstable, accellerating and decellerating all the time during descent and approach.

The Meljet FDE is very good but I prefer the PSS one. Would also love to know, if possible, can be done?

Really? Then I must have something stuffed up with my config, because when coupled with the PSS panel, the plane climbs at 7000fpm, overspeeds and doesn't obey any flightplan restrictions. I just crashed for the second consecutive time, after the plane decided to descent at 17500fpm. :(

Hi folks,you can try the attched aircraft.cfg. I merged various parts of the PSS and MelJet ones and I only did a short test flight, but it seems to work ok, albeit not perfect. I'll look into it some more over the weekend. So far I noticed the following: The auto throttle seemed to chase the preset speed a bit during descent, but that could have had something to do with the wind gusts that were blowing around at the time. On landing, the main gear seemed to sink into the ground a bit, but I only watched in on instant replay, and at a third-party airport. Also, I came in quite fast and made a hard landing (500fpm)at only 2 degrees nose-up attitude... Well, I just didn't have enough time to do some proper testing ;).To use it, just cut and paste the attachment into Notepad, rename it 'aircraft.cfg' and copy it and the PSS .air file into your Meljet folder (make a backup of the original aircraft.cfg) and adjust the aircraft entry in the .cfg, if you're not using the United 747.Cheers,Gosta.

Hi Gosta,I'm realy used to flying the PSS FDE. Is it possible at all to use the PSS FDE on Meljet in the sense that everything works like of PSS and flies like a PSS jet with the PSS loadedit while the visual model is the great Meljet's?Thanks!

Guest MelvinRafi

I would imagine that it is possible. There's a post over at the MelJet forum on this.:) Melvin

Hi Melvin,Tried but to no avail. I think there is some weight and balance problems?Thanks!

Hi there,sorry, I haven't found a way to use the load edit yet.Cheers,Gosta.

Guest flightpro08

What we really need a set of contact points that put Mel's 747 flat on the ground, and that are compatible with the PSS FDE. Has anybody found/made some or could somebody tell me where I would learn the basics of creating contact points?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest flightpro08

I don't think that's all. When I have the weight/loadedit on Meljet, the nose sinks very badly.

There seems to be something in the model that doesn't like the PSS weights section. I had similar problems with other planes, when trying to merge them with different models. To get the loadedit to work, I need to get the entire PSS weights section to work with Meljet, as loadedit will rewrite the .cfg and cancel out any changes that are made.Cheers,Gosta.P.S.: To Ryan, you could try out the aircraft.cfg that I posted above, it will put the MelJet flat on the ground.