Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic Taxi Wobbles

Hi AllAny cure for the taxi shudder that my AI aircraftexhibit. Looks nausea inducing and realism challenging.I have tweaked AI speed up to 20knts straight line andrun the suite of Project AI aircraft ( wonderful job ).So, I may be the culprit.BestGlenn

i've found the when i increase my taxi speed, the shuddering becomes more apparent. i dont know of a fix for this.double-edge sword here......either shuddering planes that exit the runways quicker, or stable taxiing planes that take their good ole time.chris

Guest jase439

Not that I know of. It's something you simply have to live with (looks cheesy as all hell, I know). All things considered, however, I wish MS would fix their planes which are "landing-challenged".

Guest GabrielR

That's a mistery to me also, It happened to me WITHOUT ever tweaking the AI speed, and was resolved only after uninstalling and reinstalling FS2002.

It could be the AFCAD files you are using. The wobbling occurs when an aircraft touches the interconnecting nodes. The more the nodes, the more the wobble.If the AFCAD file designer starts with a straight line between two very distant points, then adds the nodes without shifting the now segmented line, you will not have the wobbles because the heading is not changed.If a designer makes small segmented lines between nodes, which then become a long line, the small variations in heading causes the aircraft to try and turn to the next direction, hence the wobbles.I have layed out several versions of KMCO. When I see I am making short segments, I finish that work then look for the longest straight segment between all the nodes. I then delete all the intermediate nodes, make the new long segment between the two longest points, then place the new intermediate nodes back on the straight line. I noticed this causes the aircraft to travel at their max speed vice the slower speeds when they have to make heading corrections.Just a note on the B777-300. I don't care what you do with that aircraft, it still jumps around and looks like it is going to fall over, especially in turns! If I was the AI pilot in the 777, I'd be telling my PAX to hang on!:-lol

Thanks GuysInput and help much appreciated.BestGlenn