Sign in to follow this  
hookandbook2

Vans Aircraft Company Releases Their 727-200

Dear Sir(s) I have been using and enjoying AVSIM since its inception. The only thing I can find aggravating is when you post and announcement such as that in the subject matter and go to the link only to find that there is no indication of the subject matter being there. Do you folks look to see if there is a valid download or offering before publishing the story?? Thanks, Craig Evans ftd1949@cox.net

Guest Aidi

Hi Craig,If you are refering to the article:Vans Aircraft Company Releases Their 727-200Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 1:49The Vans Aircraft Company proudly presents their second package: The Boeing 727-200 RE "Super 27". A few years ago they released their first version of the DC-9, whose purpose was to thank all of their customers for their support to their products. Now it's time to present their second package of their "Boeing 727-200 The Final Stage 21st Century" Series.This package includes: Boeing 727-200 RE "Super 27". The Boeing 727-200 has been re-engined with Pratt&Whitney JT8D-217 (engines of the MD-80's) in positions of engine 1 and 3. This gives about 6000lbs of extra thrust to the aircraft. This is a perfect replica of the aircraft.I have tried the link at it seems to be working fine from my computer. If you are still having problems opening the website, it would point to a problem with either your PC settings or your ISP.RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

He is trying to say that sometimes the 'Story' appears on AVSIM before the subject of that story has updated thier website to reflect it. I have encountered this phenomena as well from time to time. For example, I remember when Flight1 announced a new plane, the Cessna 421 I think, AVSIM had the story on the homepage, along with a link to Flight1. Click on the link and you were taken to Flight1's website, but they had not yet implemented the anncouncement nor any information regarding the new plane into thier webpage. It's not that the link isn't working, it is the subject matter that is not always being represented by the advertised webpage at the time the story is posted on AVSIM.-=MAB=-