Sign in to follow this  
Guest AOA

Misinformation in Saturday's news

Guest drmweaver2

Despite the "dramatic" news tht the long anticipated CYYC package has been released, having the news announcement on AVSIM's front page label this package as FREEWARE in caps is both erroneous and ouright misleading.The package is Donationware masquerading as a demo. Nowhere in avsim's paragraph announcing this "news" is it indicated that this is not truly a functional, non-visually abused by demo signage package.I installed the package based on the assumption it was, as described by AVSIM, freeware. Now I have to remove it because I feel mislead - both by yourselves and by the producers. (I may get it later...but that's a different story.)I realize you guys need to make ends meet yourselves, but call a spade a spade please. It's simple editorial quality control.

I imagine most people have downloaded many freeware packages that they then found disappointing. Like me, I imagine they just delete them from their hard disks and don't feel the need to complain publically about them. After all by definition, freeware doesn't cost anything. so why worry?

Guest drmweaver2

Thanks for missing the point entirely.I was commenting on the editorial control of the front page.Notice I said I might redownload and install it again later?Thanks for your response - another example of freeware I will uninstall.

Maybe I missed you point because I wasn't altogether clear what it was."...the news announcement on AVSIM's front page label this package as FREEWARE in caps is both erroneous and ouright misleading"As you didn't pay anything for it what you downloaded was surely freeware?

Guest AOA

JohnIf this was posted as freeware on the Avsim page when in reality it was`nt then you are right and Avsim needs to do their homework and make it clear of where the problem lies in this news flash.Some folks may be cavilier in ther attitude towards editorial integrity but you certainly have a valid point.Pete