Sign in to follow this  
ChuckB

What kind of a job has g3d.dll in fs2k2 ?

Every time i fly my fs crashes :(, i got a new computer and i have tried many thing with my Radeon 8500 128mb card, with new drivers and so on but it does not help at all. my specs isxp 2100+ 1.733 ghz512 mb ramRadeon 8500 series 128mb2x80 gb hdd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you Cali have downloaded VIA 4-in-1 4.41/2/3 drivers. so lets hope that it worksbestStian

I hope so too. It was the 4-in-1 drivers that did it for me.fingers crossedCalhover long and prosper

Hey there, I've encountered the same problems in the past. The g3d.dll file is loaded in your modules folder in FS... I started having problems with it the other day and figured it was either a video driver-related problem or a corrupt g3d.dll file. I pulled the original file off of disc one of FS2K2, it was in one of the .cab files, and reinstalled it and so far, the problem has seemed to disappear. Another observation that I've made is that it's not a problem solely with VIA chipset mobos either, I'm running an SiS-based mobo so I don't have to worry about 4-in-1 drivers... I dare say that I believe it's just a matter of the file itself becoming corrupt. Good luck!ChuckBOn VATSIM: DAL889UPS918ZKC ControllerOn BushNet: BFU889BFU_CTR/Dispatch

ThanksI have tried many things now, it's the same,have tryed many drivers for my Radeon 8500 but it does not help, any one have a hint of what driver i should use ?I was flying Oslo-Moscow today, when it was 40 mins to landing my computer locked up again and the g3d.dll was the file again.hope i will find out what this is.ThanksStian

Had the same problem a while back (Windows XP Home ed) almost caused me to ditch the thing. The advice I got then was to check that the compatibility mode was switched off (right click FS2002 icon on desktop, go to properties and check the compatibility section). This is an easy thing to do and has cured so many things for me I hope it works for you.Colin

Thanksit's switched off, i have installed new drivers to my motherboard and also to my vid-card, but it does not help :(Maybe i should to kick this computer out of my room and buy a newer one hehe.hmm any other's that have any hints and tips for me ?ThanksStian

You have the latest 4-in-1 drivers. You have the latest video drivers. Have you checked sound drivers yet? After that, I'd say to uninstall and reinstall FS2002. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you...ChuckBOn VATSIM: DAL889UPS918ZKC ControllerOn BushNet: BFU889BFU_CTR/Dispatch