Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobK

I need help with Active Camera...

Hi, I'm having problems with Active Camera pro 1.3 I think, the newest one...I am unable to "walk" around the aircraft or move around while in VC mode also! The flyby works great, but the others don't I don't know why, I had it installed before in FS and it worked but I had to reinstall my OS and now it doesn't work...I have the module file in the modules folder and the .cfg file in the main FS folder and nothing, i have the 3-wheeled mouse and I get nothing, I don't understand why it worked before! aarrrrrrgh, its driving me crazy, lol, could someone please help? Thanks!Danny (Fiveholer) :-jumpyKTUL-Tulsa, Oklahoma900MHz AMD AthlonABIT KT7-133A MotherboardCrucial 640MB PC-10030GB Maxtor 7200RPM64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 40.72 Drivers @ 1280x1024 @ 2X AAKDS 19" Visual Sensations MonitorWindows XP Professional

Guest Anticyclone

Danny,Did you upgrade your OS (i.e. from Windows 98 or 2000 to XP) ?Or did you overwite an existing OS (XP) ?Your problem can come from the Windows registry database.Serge BAYEwww.anticyclone.be

Danny put your target frame rates too 26 sould work it did for me good luck. ;)

Guest dogknot

My center scroll button doesn't work either, but I can still do all the maneuvers using the keypad.

Thats odd guys its working fine for me hope you guys get it too work right at frist i had my target frame rates too about 19 then it didnt want to work so i change it higher to like 26 then it started to work again its a great program good luck guys hope it gets better.

Guest Anticyclone

When you upgraded to version 1.3, did you erased the original files prior installing the new ones ?Serge Baye,www.anticyclone.be

Guest RobA

Danny, This is a quote from Bob Brown (FL Landclass) that solved this same problem. You can thank him if it works. ;-)"Solved my Activecamera problem. I just removed the dll file from themodules folder and the activecamera.cfg file from the main FS2002 folder. Iremoved the key for Activecamera from the registry which isHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/FlightSimulator/8.0/ActiveCamera. I then restarted Flight Simulator. I exited FSand replaced the cfg and dll files. I then restarted Flight Simulator torecreate the registry entries and it works. Not sure if all of those stepswere necessary or not but that is what I did and it worked."Best regards, Rob

I'll have to try that. My current problem is that I can't pan fully to the right in internal view. It pans left with no problem but moving to the right, it stops when I get about 40 degrees off center and won't go any farther. Comes back to the left OK, though.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Rob, Thanks a lot for posting the tip.We'll add the "procedure" on our website.Do you have Bob's e-mail ? Would like to thank him.Regards,Serge Bayewww.anticyclone.be

is there a sit or squat position which can be used with active camera/thx

Guest RobK

>is there a sit or squat position which can be used with >active camera/ >>thx Press the 1/End key on the numeric key pad. Make sure Num Lock is on.Rob

hi Robi tried the Num1 key with numlock but it does not work:-(