Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

Help with PC probe alerts !!

I have been having some problems lately such as reboots and quick flashes of blue screens. So I installed the PC Probe software and now I continue to get alerts.Cpu temperatures range from 58c and 62c which I believe might be a little high ?It is alerting most often to the voltage monitor page and flashing on +3.3v part as I seem to be getting readings of 3.65 and higher showing a red spot on the graph.Also the vcore reading is 1.82The cpu heatsink and fan are clean and sitting correctly. I also have applied a thin layer of Artic Silver. However the temps remain the same. Here's a bit of a stupid question, does the heatsink and fan work best if blowing into or out of the heatsink ??Any ideas ?Your help would be very much appreciated.ThanksSteveCYYZASUS A7V133AMD Athlon 1.333300 w power supplyWindows XP

I believe the CPU fan is suppose to draw air in through the heatsink fins and out the fan away from the CPU. Also you should have a fan blowing hot air out the back of your case. Visit www.amd.com for their recommendations for cooling for AMD products. The recommendation is probably good for Intel products also.The temperatures you are seeing seems excessive, but the voltages indicate you seem to be over-clocking. I would investigate why they are so high, if you are not over-clocking.

Guest SD Sim

Hi Steve,If you haven't already, make sure you check the settings in your BIOS. On my system, ASUS PC probe and the BIOS readings are usually different. Your voltages are slightly high, which may be why your temps are on the higher side. Here are my readings from PC Probe:CPU Temp=54C+3.3V=3.26Vcore=1.79Your readings are a little higher, but not dramatically. I haven't checked my BIOS, but I know that voltages reported there are often lower.

Thanks for the replys. :-)That's the funny thing, no overclocking running at 1.34. All bios settings are default or auto. I checked the manual and see that the default mbo jumper settings are 3.45v so I changed the jumper to 3.30v and this seems to bring it down to a stable 3.4v. I would think this is much better than 3.6v with spikes to 3.7v. :-)Here is another funny thing, after reading your reply I checked the cpu fan, I thought it was doing as you said but I figured what the heck I'll flip it around the other way. Well now it's definately drawing air in threw the heatsink and away from it and it's running cooler. Seems wierd that they would package the heatsink and fan installed backwards. :-hmmmNow I think I'll switch the case fan around and see what happens. :-)Thanks for the help. :-)SteveCYYZ

Steve,The Asus Probe is known for reporting temps are wrong, esp on the A7V133 boards, I know myself from when I had the same board. It in some cases reports the temp to be 10c over what it really is.What you need my friend is Motherboard Monitor. It's probably the best and most reliable temp/fan/voltage monitor out there.Direct yourself to this site: http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and download it. :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Yep john is 100 right on that never really trust what your p.c software tells u about your cpu tempture i have a super fan running at 7500 rpms and i have othere big fan next to my p.c and its reading that am at about 62 c all the time which i know is lower then that but dont forget to get a good fan for your cpu and make sure u read alot of reviews to see which one is good good luck guys AMD ALL THE WAY HEHHE