Sign in to follow this  
golfbravo

ATR Air Dolomiti problem...

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help me with this...I recently downloaded the ATR 42-500 of Air Dolomiti, and installed it as instructed. I opened FS2002, created a flight, and selected the aircraft. However, although the Air Dolomiti livery showed up initially, when i clicked 'select' to enable the aircraft, the default house colours ATR showed up instead. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to correct it?George

Hi George!A similar problem is driving me crazy. I believe there is a strange... bug? behaviour? in FS2002 by which, if two aircraft are named similar to each other, and their name start with "ATR..." and ends with "00", then one of them won't appear, or both will appear, or none :-abduct, depending on who knows what reason. :-( Now that I'm making the 72-500, I had to remove the 42-300, since otherwise the 72 won't show up. The 42-500 seems to be able to live together with either the 42-300 or with the 72-500 in my PC, but not with both at the same time... I have been checking every possible mistake I could have done, but haven't succeeded to find anything. To make it even more strage, I know of people who have succeeded to make all 3 aircrafts to show up in their list. Sorry I cannot help much. Anyone has better ideas? :-zhelpI haven't tried the Air Dolomiti File, but a possible solution could be to edit the aircraft.cfg and change the aircraft's name, description, atc id, etc to something else and see if that helps. Not nice but maybe it works. Remember not to use fsedit to do this, this evil program has undesired and undocumented effects.By the way, you can find some pics of the ATR72-500 at www.arrakis.es/~pacosanBest regards,Pacosailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.

jeah....first look that u havent got any double names in the aircraft.cfg file. second, if u got skins of aircraft, look that they are installed right.and at last, maybe just throw something against the screen :D-> wont solve the problem but helps U allot :)greeeeeeeezzzzz

Thanks, guys, for the advice! I will try to tinker with the aircraft.cfg file. What I do remember is that the Air Dolomiti package itself is more than just a skin - the actual package is the plane as well. Seems weird that it's behaving this way - i never got that affect with the other skins i downloaded for the ATR 42. Oh well. lol By the way, Paco, are there any more teaser shots of your upcoming 72-500? I'd love to see em! Take it easy!George