Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Just upgraded to Radeon 9600pro - now 5fps less !!!

Guest dfoulk

Hi Gary,Not to bash ATI, because they seem to be great for some people, but I tried 2 different ATI cards, and gave up on them. I ended up getting a Nvidia GeForce 4Ti468oP Turbo, and I am getting better performance than the ATI9500Pro that I sent back to Newegg. Before it, I was using a GeForce 2 Ti, which outdoing the ATI in both D3D and openGL. I just could not get any performance out of the ATI, especially in openGL, which X-Plane uses.Maybe it is some sort of motherboard deal. I have no idea, but I wish you the best in your saga. It is prety frustrating when this stuff won't work.Best regards,Den

Glad to here i'm not the only one with this problem !!!It's pretty gut-renching when you read several forum posts claiming excellent fram rate imptovements with this card when all you get are reductions.Anyway, i eventually gave up and sent the card back last wednesday to the supplier with a pretty comprehensive fault report - am awaiting their response...I'm now back up and running with my original ti200. Ironically, with the knowledge i acquired messing about with the 9600pro, i've tweaked some of the ti200's settings using Rivatuner and am now seeing slightly better performance than i had in the first place !!!Will keep you postedGary