Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSR740

Is Geforce 6600 good for FS2004???????????

Guest MSR740

Himy sys specs is:P4 3GHZ512 DDRRAM (ONE SLOT)Geforce FX5200 128MB MSI (no AA OR AF USED)MSI NEO2-P 865 MOTHERBOARDAlthough,i got tiny stutters in low detailed areas while i get low and unsteady FPS when using addon aircrafts or airports (10-20fps)and in heavy weather everything gets too jerky!!!!!!!i think its the videocard problem(never been happy with it),am i right?IF so is the GEFORCE 6600 good for FS2004 even when using ADDONS LIKE PMDG 737NG and in heavy weather?By good i mean steady 25fps or above(30 is my target,i dont need more than that)i.e: i cant afford to get geforce6800 ,is there a big difference bet. the 6800 and 6600???Thanks

Guest kilo_sierra17

I think the 6600 is the best bang for your buck, if you look at the comparison between them, there really is not a whole lot of difference yes the 6800 is almost twice the price. If you upgrade your video card you will see a huge improvment. Though I would recommend getting the "GT" of the 6600.

Guest MSR740

Thanks for the reply i think i'll get it soon

If you were to choose between the 6800 and ATI X850XT, which one would you choose.I would be running:1. FS9 of course2. Lots of video capture3. At least 2 monitorsWould appreciate any input.Thanks.Abe

Guest kilo_sierra17

I am assuming you mean 6800GT compared to the X850XT. I am not sure how either cards handle video capture but for #1 #3 I would say 6800GT. I can't comment on the video capture because I have no clue ;)

Hi I have the 6600 GT and im really happy with it , i can run FS at 12X AF and about 2-8X AA depending on the A/C , but im using FPS friendly clouds and 30-40% AI at 1280x1024 very dence for scenery and Auto gen . I have a slower CPU AMD 2800 so your system should rock with it , but bare in mind that FS is more of a CPU hog then a graphics card one and im sure i was getting the same amout of FPS with 0 AA/AF as i did with my old TI 4400 ... its when you enable AA and AF that you will see the diffeance . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Rich,I have a Leadtek Wingfast 6600GT PCI-e card and an not very happy with it. In the two games I'm playing I get irritating image flashes:- HL2 in the first screen after startup ( the man with the red valve in front of him) the borders of the image are flashing a few seconds. Also scene changes are instable.- Flight Simulator 2004: the same, going from the screen where you choose your flight to the choosen scenery, the image flashes very irritating. Also the fonts gets less sharp. Going back to the desktop (with flashes), the font sharpness pops back to normal.I have tried all drivers from 66.93 up to 76.10, but found no difference.Do you have this problem too?Motherbord: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, nForce4 PCI-eProcessor: Athlon 64 3200+Memory: 2x 512 Crusial BallisticLeadtek Winfast 6600GTWindows XP Pro SP2Del 1905FP digital inputow

Hi Mate Nope i dont have that problem im afaid , the GT i have is the BFG OC on an AGP bus so i cant really help you sorry , things that you could try are updating your motherboard chip set drivers , try runnin FS in windowed mode and see if the same thing happens and are you using any form of AA ? if so turn it off for a sec and see if the problem still happens ...i know i had a problem with the panels if i ran FS in full sceeen mode and AA with my old TI 4400 . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest MSR740

Hi rich,I was wondering how much does it cost? is there a website that offers to deliver it abroad?I m living in EGYPT and these cards are more expensive than other countries like USA....Thanks for the reply