Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Is this Flat Panel Worth the Trouble?

Tiger Direct is offering this 19 in flat panel for $139.00 USD after rebate. Seems like a great deal to me, but I'm always a little wary of Tiger Direct's sale stuff, and without seeing it "live".The brand name aside, do you think it would be a good main, center monitor on a 3 screen, WideView FS9 monitor?? Or is it a waste of money? (I don't want a widescreen for FS2004.)TIA for your opinions.Chuck__________________________________________I-Inc AG-191DPB 19" LCD Monitor - 8ms, 700:1, SXGA 1280x1024, DVI, VGA, Black, 300 cd/m

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,I just wanted to let you know that I have triple head to go with 3 19inch lcds. I wasn't really sure how much the preformance drop was when using triple head to go. After, a re-install of my complete system and a hard drive upgrade ,I went ahead and ran the sim(fs9) for several days on one monitor.Then I went ahead installed triple head ,and man what a drop in preformance. All I can say is ,if you want a larger screen go with one larger monitor. Atleast for fs9 that is..............P.S.My system is a dual core 6600 overclocked to 3.3 with a 1024mb 7950 video card.

Good specs, so pretty good deal for a standard 19" just for FS BUT I agree with what Acmech said, specially with the "if you want a larger screen go with one larger monitor". Once you've gone big, you don't want to go back to small.

I agree. This would be a center monitor for a 3 panel, two computer system using WideView.Nothing beats triple view!Thanks for your input!Chuck B.

Could I get one more opinion about this monitor from you? it would be replacing a 17 inch flat panel with a 500:1 contrast ratio; this one is 700:1. Running FS2004, would I enjoy a marked difference in image rendering on the new, larger panel? (The larger screen size is secondary to me as I have to sit pretty close to the screens, and I have a 3 screen set up.)There is nothing wrong with my current 17 incher other than the fact that it doesn't seem as "detail clear" as the 2 15 inchers sitting on either side of it when I'm flying with WideView. The new one has a no return policy, probably because it's not a wide screen so they're phasing out the model -- everything out there is wide screen now and FS2004 doesn't look good on them -- all stretched out.Thanks for your further help -- Chuck B.