Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

Moving FS9 and FSX to new HDs?

Hello,Right now, I have FS9 all on it's on in my D: drive and FSX with all the clutter on my C: drive. I wanted FS9 to run at max so I gave it it's own home. Now, since FS9 screams on my rig, I would like to swap places and put FSX into the D: drive all on it's own and FS9 into the C: with the clutter. Can I just drag and drop FS9 to C: and FSX to D: or will some "internal connections" or registry whatevers be disconnected?Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting. I'll look in to that.So are you saying that a Drag & Drop will cause FS9 and FSX to fail?Thanks.

Hi,In my opinion some paths are "written" in the registry.If you change the location these paths will "point" to a wrong location.

Along the lines of this, is it best to install FSX in its own partition or should a person not partition the C drive?

Hi Mike,Ideally if you can, place FS on its own seperate drive, however partitioning C can do the trick also, and is perfectly ok to do. There are several reasons why this benefits the user, but to keep things simple i wont go into them ;)One thing though, can't stress it enough BEFORE you attempt to partition any drive, BACKUP WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.Regards,