Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Program Oddities since last MS Up-Date.

Hi All,I wonder if anyone has any advice on this issue I am having.I ran the MS Up-Date last week, and since then I am having problems that I have not encountered before.I can't seem to run FS Repaint now, as it gives me a weird error message with a small box detailing what the error is. I will try and post a shot of this.And I'm wondering if this is why I was having a devil of a time trying to install the new shockwave lights as well, as their installer kept telling me that it couldn't find my FS9.1 installation, despite it being installed in the default directory etc, with nothing moved at any time.I'm running XP Pro, with SP2, and 2gig of corsair memory, and a Hercules digifire 7.1 sound card.I have not changed anything whatsoever, but just ran the up-date, and even then I un-checked some of the up-dates, such as the crystal fusion based sound card up-date, which although mine is based on it, the last time I ran an up-date and left this checked I had no sound card when I rebooted, and had to install the sound card all over again.any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.Thank you.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185901.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Some time ago I ran into a problem with FSRepaint (the demo version) where it suddenly refused to work with a new graphics card - the solution was to uninstall and download the newest version from the Abacus site - that did the trick... Having said that, if Shockwave lights is also having issues finding FS then it might be that the registry entry for the FS path is wrong! I can't imagine why Microsoft Update would do that but then again who really knows what it does! I personally only use windows update after some serious issues with the newer MS update on my laptop.There is a "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool" available from the Flight1 website which can correct the FS9 path for you - give it a go and see if the situation improves...Geoff