Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Commander 115 - GMAX

Guest Twister

Hi,Looks good ! will it be a free upgrade for registered owners of the 115 ?twister

Guest TimD

No, not this time. We have already done several free enhancement for the Commander. This one is more than just a modification /enhancement. The entire aircraft model had to be rebuilt from scratch.We have not come up with a definite upgrade price yet, but it is going to be something like 5 bucks for registered users. [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif

Good news on the upgrade price Tim. Thanks. - Trip

>No, not this time. We have already done several free enhancement for the Commander.Should have known... I just bought the commander too.. :-fume :-8

Humm, would be cool if I didn't already have the "Non-GMAX" version. I see no reason to pay more money on an identical plane other than a different process in designing it.

>No, not this time. We have already done several free >enhancement for the Commander. This one is more than just a >modification /enhancement. The entire aircraft model had to >be rebuilt from scratch. >"rebuilt from scratch", I think it is unfair to fool honest people like this. I happened to hear that this new model is the same old FSDS model just taken through gMax. Am I right? >:-(Hans,hans.jorgensen@sair.as

>Nope. Dead wrong. >I am sad to hear you say that. And what makes me even sadder is that you didn't even try to prove me wrong. I heard all this from my friend, who heard it directly from someone who you are working with... Hans,hans.jorgensen@sair.as

The model has been indeed re-done, doors added, etc. I don't know who your source is, but he has misled you. It is most certainly not simply the FSDS model recompiled in gmax...there are several improvements worthy of calling it a version 2.0. Granted, Jim et. al. did a good job with the original .mdl, it is still improved and refined.Best,Owen

Guest Franken

Looks good! Hopefully the Gmax version will be a little lighter on the frames too. As a registered user I definitely think It'll be worth around $5 for the upgrade. Can't wait. :)

Guest Frank Betts

ooops wrong door...sorry. :-roll

Guest TimD

>I am sad to hear you say that. And what makes me even sadder >is that you didn't even try to prove me wrong. I heard all >this from my friend, who heard it directly from someone who >you are working with... As we are a very small group, where only four of us are even involved in the project, and the designer himself has also refuted your accusation in this thread, I can say that it is sad that you chosen to make a story like this up simply to promote whatever agenda it is you have. [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif

Guest Jet

Does tranferring to GMAX make the flight model any different (ie. fly even better!!!)Hope so, then Im up for the $5 up-grade.All I care about is how she feels!!! And so far she feesl great...hope'n for even better under GMAX.Greg

Guest TimD

GMax really changes how the visual model is displayed. The most important things it brings to the table are the opening/closing doors, and the ability to see the landing lights from the 2D cockpit, along with someother technical/feature benefits. It also renders the general appearance and shpe better, and allows for the reflective texturing (all textures have to be redone as well). [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif