Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

DX 9 test

Fpr starters Win 98 users can get rid of DX9 beta by using a third party DX uninstaller. I doubt very much DX9 will mess anyones system up.I'm betting too that DX9 may not have been your problem, a FPS jump of that magnitude can't be done by using a new version of DX. I'm betting it is more likely a configuration problem that got fixed when you installed DX9.Here is the beta for those that want to try it>>>>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release...releaseid=45160

Guest Terblanche

DanI've searched high and low for DX9 (beta) ... where did you download it from?Kind regards from Cape TownTerblanche Jordaan

Guest Edam

>I did >not have to much of a concern as the beta sites were giving >good reviews on the upgrade. Do have a link handy to those beta sites? Thanks.

Guest Terblanche

Thanx for the tip but the link to the dxapplet.zip does not work. Any other suggestions?Thanx for the helpTerblanche

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Well I don't want to risk it, but that's good that it works. :-)

Guest odog

Just do a search for DX 9 on this forum

Look at post #15. I might add I like DX9 as I find it gives better visual quality and the FSAA seems much nicer in all games with less of a performance hit I might add. I gained maybe a frame or two but nothing spectacular....

Geof - Sometimes the restore works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'd advise not installing the beta unless you are prepared, in a worse-case scenerio, to reinstall the operating system.Trip

Anyone got another link-the one mentioned below I get started downloading and then I get a "try at a different time error". Since my computers are both connected to the net individually (one dsl and one cable) I assume there is an error with the link.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest PaulL01

>Picked up the DirectX 9 beta release and tried it out. >My own look at it with FS2K2. > I was running at about 14-17 fps. With the DX9 upgrade, >30 - 75 fps, depending on what plane I am using. Both of >these fps are with everything maxed out. I have been very >happy with the 14 - 17 fps but there is a difference in >FS2K2 performance with DX9. >>My setup; >DELL Dimension 8200 >Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.90 GHz >1.89 GHz >256 MB of RAM >NVIDIA GeForce Ti500 ----------------------------------------------------------------------Dan,A 100% to 250% gain Huh?:-lolReally? from DX9 Beta Huh?Ok, I'm scraping my plans for a GFFX card and the NForce2 board with a Barton chip as I can get even more performance from just a little DX-upgrade that's free!!! :-lol !!! NOT!!! :)You might want to re-do/re-think your Testing methods (Hmm, have the FSAA settings changed? did I test in the same area under the exact same conditions at the same time of day etc..)as well as what you post here in the forum for everyone to read as DX9.x will do next to zip for anyone with FS2k2 (a DX7-almost DX8 game) Your Video card also can make no use of DX9 as it is a DX8 card.DX9 is for those that have a DX9 video card like Radeon9700 and who want to play/view a DX9 game demo as there are no and will be No DX9 games available for quite some time.Recommendation?Leave DX9 off your system unless you enjoy being a Beta tester for software that wont go away and that wont >really< increase your enjoyment of FS2k.

Hi Dan,I also like the sig :-lol Are you, or anyone else using DX9 with Win98 and flying VTASIM?I ask because DX8.2 causes problems with multi-player and therefore VATSIM flying.Not sure if OS version would add any extra problems.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Vulcan,Believe those problems go away.