Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Where can I find high quality "AI" models?

That basically sums it up. Looking for good looks and a slim polygon count.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Or you can try FSPainter models: fspainter.projectai.com.There are a lot of repaints of FSPainters model here at avsim, or you can try the following sites (most of them are in Japanese)http://homepage3.nifty.com/take723/index.htmlhttp://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~yonechan/fs/http://www.cam.hi-ho.ne.jp/urakawa-t/http://fs2002-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/http://www.fs777.com/download/mainpage.htmhttp://www.nasuinfo.or.jp/freespace/yashio...002_fsp_air.htmRegards,Japangg

I'm sorry, you must have misread my question. I said where can I find HIGH QUALITY "AI" models.See what I mean. Therein is my problem.

They are nice, but I need high quality and "AI" models, like both, at the same time. FSP usually doesn't even use LODs.

If you want lowest FPS impact, use PAI models. FSPainter's have more polygons, I think. I use PAI models without the installers, and they significantly raise the old FPS counter.

If you really want to know why I don't use PAI models, get a utility called "AircraftContainerManager" and take a look. Even compared to the default MS models, they are pretty scary and ugly.At least with MS models, you get the looks to back up the FPS cost.Thanks for your input though.

No, you have just been led to believe that it is self contradicting.Any good modeler can combine low polygon count with high visual quality.Some believe that isn't possible. That is the fallacy.More polygons DOES NOT = more quality.Anyone can make an airplane with tons of polygons. That is easy. Only a lazy modeler would leave it at that.

But you're still not going to find anything else out there. Why don't you design some easy frames, posky quality AI models yourself?

You have another option, "x1yyz2112"...make your own.Looking forward to those.

No need for sarcasm.The point is, that when you call yourself an AI "modeler", you ought to model AI planes instead of model UI planes and slap on an "AI" label.I call myself an AFCAD designer and a flighplan designer. If someone found that I was taking shortcuts on those, than I would expect the same treatment. Luckily, there are some modelers out there who take pride in their work.FSPainter is actually a really good modeler. Unfortunately, he usually only makes them with 1 LOD, so they are better for UI than AI. I use his stuff for UI and a sprinkling of AI, and I hold his technique in high regard. If he used LOD modeling, they would be great AI planes. As such, they are great UI planes right now.AI modeling is different from UI modeling. I don't mean to disrespect you, but you need to do your homework if you are going to comment about this stuff.You can't express much of an opinion when you don't know the subject.Nonetheless. Have a wonderful day!Thanks for your input.

Actually, I have found "something else out there".I was just wondering if someone knew of more.Why? Because I'm not the one calling myself an "AI modeler". No one person can do everything, that is why we are all here trying to help each other out and why some of us insist on doing things the "right" way and not just the "easy" way.Thanks again for expressing your opinion. Even though I don't agree with your it, I respect it.

>AI modeling is different from UI modeling. I don't mean to >disrespect you, but you need to do your homework if you are >going to comment about this stuff. >>You can't express much of an opinion when you don't know the >subject. How about this for an opinion? And this is the bottom line...if they work without a problem, or without a framerate hit for me, then they are ok. I'll let others, who have "done their homework," comment further.BTW, I will still be waiting for *your* models which will obviously be so much better.

http://www.aircraftmanager.com/en/Don't worry, the freeware version will let you "take a peek under the covers".Compare them to MS defaults. The "high" detail LOD1 is the same polygon (roughly) but MS is much more efficient at the lower detail LOD models. So when they are further away, they have a lot less impact on FPS.Since there are more planes further away (in your field of vision) usually than right in front of your nose, that means a lot of savings could be made using more effective use of LODs.If you look at it from a logical point of view, it will make sense.If you need it, I would be glad to go more in depth with how LODs and polygons work and how each affects game performance.Cheers,

Like I said, I don't call myself an "AI modeler" and shouldn't have to.I'll leave the "models" to people who "model" and I will stick to doing quality work in my "areas of expertise".Looks like you missed reading the other half of my response.You must be young. And so is the night. I'm going to go have some fun and let you people who take this to heart simmer in frustration.Remember, it's just a game...Too bad some people can't tolerate another's opinion.

"I'm sorry, you must have misread my question.I said where can I find HIGH QUALITY "AI" models.See what I mean. Therein is my problem."Why do you waist our time with this worthless bannter?

AI model, free.High Quality model, free.High Quality AI model, priceless.If you think it is worthless, don't "waist" your time responding to it.Thanks for your input.

>Like I said, I don't call myself an "AI modeler" and >shouldn't have to. Except when you chastise those that do. At least then you would havve something to fall back on as far as credibility is concerned.>Looks like you missed reading the other half of my response. Nope. I read it all. My response was in relatiom to your intent to begin with.>You must be young. And so is the night. I'm going to go >have some fun and let you people who take this to heart >simmer in frustration. Those are pretty ignorant and presumptuous statements to make. I don't know what you consider "young" so I can't comment on that. As for the statement "simmer in frustration," guess again. I am neither simmering, nor frustrated. Unsurprised that yet another individual comes in here putting down others, for things that he cannot do, might be more accurate. By all means, go and have fun, with whatever it is that you consider such a thing to be. I am reluctant to say what *I* think that might be. And now, YOU can have the last word. As for me, I'm trying very hard to..."Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." I hope that I can make you an example of that by not responding to whatever you further have to say. On the other hand, it's just too damn tempting.

x1yyz2112,Judging by your name, I will assume you will be able to decipher the meaning of these quotes precisely, and know where they are from. :-)"Forget about your silly whimIt doesn't fit the plan.""You know we've told you beforeBut you didn't hear us thenSo you still question whyNo! You didn't listen again!You didn't listen again!""You don't get something for nothingYou can't have freedom for freeYou won't get wiseWith the sleep still in your eyesNo matter what your dreams might be.""Don't annoy us further!We have our work to do.Just think about the averageWhat use have they for you?"Cheers Mate. LOL! :-)

A couple of shots from last night`s flight ...A PAI (new model) Lufthansa 737 racing a FSP Egypt Air 777 for the Rwy LOL :-lol In the second shot you can see the beauty of both models but in the first not.........poly or not to poly?...this is the question! :-lolregardsEd