Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Where can I find high quality "AI" models?

http://www.aircraftmanager.com/en/Don't worry, the freeware version will let you "take a peek under the covers".Compare them to MS defaults. The "high" detail LOD1 is the same polygon (roughly) but MS is much more efficient at the lower detail LOD models. So when they are further away, they have a lot less impact on FPS.Since there are more planes further away (in your field of vision) usually than right in front of your nose, that means a lot of savings could be made using more effective use of LODs.If you look at it from a logical point of view, it will make sense.If you need it, I would be glad to go more in depth with how LODs and polygons work and how each affects game performance.Cheers,

Like I said, I don't call myself an "AI modeler" and shouldn't have to.I'll leave the "models" to people who "model" and I will stick to doing quality work in my "areas of expertise".Looks like you missed reading the other half of my response.You must be young. And so is the night. I'm going to go have some fun and let you people who take this to heart simmer in frustration.Remember, it's just a game...Too bad some people can't tolerate another's opinion.

Guest groundpounder75

"I'm sorry, you must have misread my question.I said where can I find HIGH QUALITY "AI" models.See what I mean. Therein is my problem."Why do you waist our time with this worthless bannter?

AI model, free.High Quality model, free.High Quality AI model, priceless.If you think it is worthless, don't "waist" your time responding to it.Thanks for your input.

Guest Edam

>Like I said, I don't call myself an "AI modeler" and >shouldn't have to. Except when you chastise those that do. At least then you would havve something to fall back on as far as credibility is concerned.>Looks like you missed reading the other half of my response. Nope. I read it all. My response was in relatiom to your intent to begin with.>You must be young. And so is the night. I'm going to go >have some fun and let you people who take this to heart >simmer in frustration. Those are pretty ignorant and presumptuous statements to make. I don't know what you consider "young" so I can't comment on that. As for the statement "simmer in frustration," guess again. I am neither simmering, nor frustrated. Unsurprised that yet another individual comes in here putting down others, for things that he cannot do, might be more accurate. By all means, go and have fun, with whatever it is that you consider such a thing to be. I am reluctant to say what *I* think that might be. And now, YOU can have the last word. As for me, I'm trying very hard to..."Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." I hope that I can make you an example of that by not responding to whatever you further have to say. On the other hand, it's just too damn tempting.

Guest groundpounder75

Not anything more than you!

Guest eko

x1yyz2112,Judging by your name, I will assume you will be able to decipher the meaning of these quotes precisely, and know where they are from. :-)"Forget about your silly whimIt doesn't fit the plan.""You know we've told you beforeBut you didn't hear us thenSo you still question whyNo! You didn't listen again!You didn't listen again!""You don't get something for nothingYou can't have freedom for freeYou won't get wiseWith the sleep still in your eyesNo matter what your dreams might be.""Don't annoy us further!We have our work to do.Just think about the averageWhat use have they for you?"Cheers Mate. LOL! :-)

Guest crashing_pilot

well said Eko! :-lol

A couple of shots from last night`s flight ...A PAI (new model) Lufthansa 737 racing a FSP Egypt Air 777 for the Rwy LOL :-lol In the second shot you can see the beauty of both models but in the first not.........poly or not to poly?...this is the question! :-lolregardsEd

Guest frankcubillos

If I could only post all the nasty remarks like the original poster of this thread. Makes you almost want to quit the whole deal, then you have to remember that boneheads like this dude this are few.http://projectai.com/images/frankpai.jpg

x1yyz21132 - only solution: design your own AI aircraft. Best of Luck :-lol

You really don't need to thank me for my opinion, nor state your respect for me. There is really no need for any crocodile respect from you when you have clearly demonstrated that you feel no actual respect for John Rogers, Kevin Jarvis, PAI or anybody else here. Respect is something both earned and lost. Your trolling has earned you none and your retorts have lost you any baseline level of respect. So before your next foray into these forums, you might want to consider changing your handle.

Guest groundpounder75

x1yyz2112,So how many times have you seen them? I saw them near Buffalo over the summer. Not a bad show. I like how they opened up with Tom Sawyer. Neil's solo was great as always. I missed them when they came through town about 2 months ago, but I think I have seen them 8 times.Cheers,

I LOVE PROJECT AI !!!and x1yyz21132 THESE ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If they hit your FPS too hard, buy a new damn computer!!!