Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

FS Christmas presents

Does anyone know of a simple way to let your significant other give you the FS gift that you really want this Christmas? My wife would love to give me a present that would send me squealing to my workshop to fly this holiday, but she doesn't know a turboprop from a tomato! I think she's been a little intimidated whenever visiting an FS add-on site because of the terminology -- and let's face it, some of those sites aren't the most user-friendly to the uninitiated. I was wondering if any payware reseller has considered some sort of gift certificate system so those who don't fly can give something fun to those of us who do. Anyone hear of anything like that?thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only problem with that is if she is uninitiated, she's not going to know what to get you. Give her a few selections to choose from.(With links, of course!)

Go to the web page that contains the goodie. Hit print. Hang the document from the christmas tree next to the bulbs. She'll wonder what all that paper is and get the hint!

You also must consider that from a female perspective, buying you something that will for hours take you away from her hmmm.... At least that is how I get treated.. I have to save my lunch money.:-)RegardsBobG

Good idea but don't know how all the different sites would use a common gift certificate.I used a less subtle approach and e-mailed her my FS Christmas wish along with the site.

I just told my wife specifically what I wanted for this Christmas: a Force Feedback Pro and Combat Flight Sim 3. She was happy that I was specific. She thinks I'm a littly crazy though because about all I do these days is eat, sleep, work,(eat some more...need to get a bigger chair for my puter desk) and FLIGHTSIM! :-lolLarry Brown Visit American Virtual Airlines. www.flyava.org http://www.flyava.org/images/AAlogos/Banner2.jpg

Best idea I can think of is get her a list of all the planes you would be happy to get..(urls included)let her pick from the list..

Send her to www.pcaviator.com like I did with my significant other. Give her some ideas as to what you want and you're sure to have a good Christmas. I hopefully will finally be flying the PS1 744 on Christmas day. Can't wait.