Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

R.C. v3:to buy or not to buy?

Guest Stamatis

Josi,"Did you try to launch SB as usual and them disconnect the host reconnecting later without doing nothing to SB."I launch SB as usual, but use the option "No Multiplayer", so that I can have AI Traffic. I can even use FS ATC as controllers, or even better, Radar Contact.If/when I notice ATControllers at my destination airport, I Disconnect from VATSIM, Exit SB all together, enter a MP session, load AIBridge and reconnect to SB. The whole process does not take more than a couple of minutes maximum, and flight can resume as if nothing happened."Maybe it's possible to change AIBridge and handle this case"Why change it? AIBridge will display VATSIM traffic in my TCAS, while I do not even need AIBridge if not in a MP session, as my TCAS will display the AI Traffic. What is there to change?"Non automated Transition Altitude for each airport."Automated? It cannot be automated because it is not standardized in the real world. You have to enter the real world altitudes for the airports in your flight plan, and they will be used."Lack of Call signs. I live in Portugal and for the 5 companies that we have the only one listed is Air Portugal."This definitely does not classify under European ATC procedures. You can use FS chatter with RCv3, where all callsigns can be heard. Read the Manual."Semi circular Flight Level rules exceptions: Portugal, Spain, France

Guest Stamatis

"I'm afraid your meaning is not clear here. If, however, you're asking if RC3 knows about RVSM then the answer is yes, it does. Checking the RVSM box allows you to use 1000ft between cruising levels between FL290 and FL410 instead of 2000ft."For certain European countries, due to their shape and direction of Airways, the ODD/EVEN rule for Flight Levels is not in accordance to the rest of the world i.e. based on EAST/WEST direction, but are based on NORTH/SOUTH direction instead. Thus, the determining magnetic course limits become 90 and 270 degrees, instead of 180 and 360 degrees.StamatisPS. Aren't you supposed to know this stuff? :-)

>> >"I'm not a real world pilot, but I play one on TV"< >>> Now that was funny! :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao >>>> :-wave Even funnier... "I'm not a real world pilot but I play one on PC's"*:-* Larry Brown Visit American Virtual Airlines.www.flyava.org http://www.flyava.org/images/AAlogos/Banner2.jpg

>2. ATC procedures are conformant to FAR's in RC; it's a >mixed bag on VATSIM which staff a very broad range of ATC >experiences from novices to real-world controllers. >>Anyone >flying into LAX on VATSIM knows things can be really crazy >with the volume of traffic and the hodgepodge of experienced >vs inexperienced controllers trying to work the airspace. I >know on more than one occassion, I have pulled my hair out >after waiting 40 minutes with my engines turning on the >tarmac waiting for ATC to give me some kind of taxi >instruction - usually that ends in me dropping connection >from SquawkBox and saying, "screw it, I don't have all >evening, I'm taking off..." I have to agree with J here. VATSIM has so much potential, but the lack of experience of controllers makes flying on VATSIM an unpleasant experience. Most controllers are students, and flights on VATSIM therefore take significantly longer. Sometimes you end up waiting half an hour just to get an IFR clearance. I commend VATSIM for creating such a large organization all for free. It's a remarkable accomplishment. But, they could greatly improve the experience of flying online by limiting students to tower level or below. This would motivate more of them to pursue further training. Many people (like myself) are turned away from VATSIM because of inexperienced controllers trying to handle high-volume approaches to major airports. This only contributes to the spotty coverage.For that reason, I'm seriously looking into RC. How much does RC affect frame rates? I have a 800 mghtz Celleron, 256 RAM, and 11 MB vid card. Anyone have an idea on this? Persephone