Sign in to follow this  

High winds on landings.

Alan,Did you "Force"?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

In the second case, the airport was too small to appear in the wxRE database so there was nothing to 'Force' to.The winds aloft were not tracking down as I descended and I eventually cleared the weather, using the switch in FSUIPC, re-enabled weather, using the same switch, and all came good.Could it be that there's a problem in FSUIPC not passing on the weather to FS correctly?-- Alan White

A bit more info and, perhaps, clarification.Winds track when ascending.Winds do not track when descending although there are signs that an attempt is made, i.e. one degree change in direction/one knot change in speed.The wxRE 'Status' shows correct winds.Using the FSUIPC 'Clear' switch, resets the weather and wxRE then applies the local conditions. However, when below the lowest level, the local wind sometimes isn't applied and remains at 0 knots. wxRE status shows correct wind.It looks to me as though there's a problem between wxRE and FSUIPC or between FSUIPC and FS.HTH-- Alan White.

Alan,Thanks for the info..Still unable to duplicate... If winds are changing 1deg/knot per sec then that is how you have FSUIPC wind smoothing set (this is configurable)... you can disable wind smoothing to see instant wind changes as set by wxRE... Otherwise you must wait for the smoothing to finish.If you thus clear via FSUIPC it will reset its smoothing counter and go directly to the value next entered by wxRE.. maybe this is what is going on?Please e-mail me directly @ damianc@hifisim.com - thanks for your help!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I don't have the registered version of FSUIPC, and this is happening to me, so this can't be the root of the problem unless the unregistered version does smoothing on it's own in which case I would be screwed!!:(By the way, this is now happening on every flight of mine. Brian

Hi Guys, Please e-mail me at damianc@hifisim.com for continued troubleshooting of this issue...Thanks!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies