Sign in to follow this  
asquel

Sudden clouds disappearances

Bruno,Using Alpha2? Using FSUIPC minimum weather settings?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest bhdo

Yeah that's true.The result is awesome (at least as far as I could see but I need to make a lot of other flights to confirm). I even set suppression ceiling to -500 in order to never see brutal changes when I'm on the ground. And it's really really great. Thank you so much for that work.Anyway, I still have problems with visibility -> the known problem of seeing ground when I fly and can't see sky when I'm on the ground (especially above Los Angeles).I also have problem with some stations in France which often have no data (St Nazaire in France (LFRZ) -> a great blue sky with 15 degrees).Thank you again.

Hi, JimI did what you asked : I checked dynamic weather to OFF, re-installed FSUIPC, checked it was unregistered.And... always the same pop-outs of only nearby clouds.I understand very well your method of changing one parameter at a time, but as an aerospace engineer, I know it is very difficult to implement that in the real world !It was the case here, because I had to download a new version of FSUIPC (3.14 from 3.135), and I had to switch TAF processing to OFF, because the first flight I made above Corsica was CAVOK everywhere.I also made a FSUIPC log, starting 5 minutes before pop-out, and ending 2 minutes after. I observed several

JimYes i'm using Alpha2 and minimum weather defaults in FSUIPC.If you want to reproduce the situation download the weather file 100650Z and place your plane to LICC at 0700Z. Then fly to LMML at about 12000 feet and you will see the pop outs! There will be no clouds over Malta (LMML) but the report says broken clouds at 1700feet. I tryed all different settings in AS2004 but it happens every time. Thanks Bruno

Bruno 

Weather settings in FS? Settings in AS?JimActiveSky Support

Jim,I send you my as2004.ini and fs9.cfgI made another flight today, with my update interval set at 20 min, and with my original (registered) fsuipc files. During 20 min, AS2004 worked as a dream. Then, at the update, a whole area of the sky cleared away. Then again 20 minutes of dream, and next update, 20 min later, was OK. Just for infoGood luck for understanding this problem !!Alain

Things to switch:Global weather OffFog OffOvercast Enhancement OffOnline Updates OnHope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi, JimI did perform the tests you asked, but I had to use another saved flight, because the one above Corsica had the pop-out event 40 minutes after take-off. This one has the pop-out at the first wx update, 10 minutes after take-off.The new flight is LUBL-SCV-BIBOR-.....-LHGDThe nearest wx stations are LRIA (nearest at take-off), and LRSV, with the following METAR (from the wx file 100950Z) :LRIA 100930Z 11004MPS CAVOK M05/M08 Q1011 NOSIG 15850294LRSV 100930Z 23001MPS 2000 BR BKN036 OVC090 M09/M09 Q1008 34450594The common conditions for the tests were : FSUIPC 3.14 (registered), TAF processing OFF to avoid dynamic effects and flight plan NOT loaded in AS2004. Between each test, I changed the relevant option, saved it, quit AS2004, cleared the weather with FSUIPC, and re-started AS2004.I set each parameter individually to OFF, and finally all parameters to OFF, that is :Overcast ONFog ONWind smoothing ONVisibility smoothing ONGlobal writes ONOvercast OFFFog ONWind smoothing ONVisibility smoothing ONGlobal writes ONOvercast ONFog OFFWind smoothing ONVisibility smoothing ONGlobal writes ONOvercast ONFog ONWind smoothing OFFVisibility smoothing ONGlobal writes ONOvercast ONFog ONWind smoothing ONVisibility smoothing OFFGlobal writes ONOvercast ONFog ONWind smoothing ONVisibility smoothing ONGlobal writes OFFOvercast OFFFog OFFWind smoothing OFFVisibility smoothing OFFGlobal writes OFFThe results of all these tests were identical, that is :At take-off, the sky above is correctly clear, and I can see to the west the 2 cloud layers in the LRSV area. I

Alain,Thanks for all your work and risking your life. I wish I could tell you a simple answer after all of this. You have been really great. There has got to be something on your machine somewhere causing this, but I just don't know where. The only thing I can suggest is to review your FSUIPC settings and see if there is something out of order. Don't get the family all mad at you!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support