Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

PAI - Departures seem to be off by an hour

First, let me say a big "Hooray!" that PAI is actually working on my system now, thanks to the new installer wizardry. Despite the lack of AFCAD support, I'd say the results are better than with MyTraffic.Still, I noticed all of the Delta departures from KATL were an hour early this morning. That has not been my experience in the RW ;-). I'm thinking that perhaps the GMT settings are off somehow. Also, many of the flight numbers seem wrong. Since this isn't one of the new installer files, maybe the data is just too old. Any thoughts?David

David, I dont use PAI, or other traffic add-ons, but my first thought is that maybe the flightsim time being off is causing your time problems. Many (alot if not all) are experiencing a difference in time between their system time and real world time, so if this is the case with you, I would suggest downloading RealTime or another utility developed to correct the situation. Hope this helps.Craig

David:I don't believe PAI aircraft compensate for fall and summer time changes. Remember now we are GMT-5 instead of GMT-4 (here on the east coast) which would give you the hour difference.If you are comparing a real world Delta schedule against the PAI schedule, you must remember that all airlines do not keep most of their flight numbers static so of course while the numbers were accurate at the time the schedule was compiled, they will not remain that way for more than a few months.HTH,Mike T.

Thanks Mike and Craig! That makes perfect sense. Now I just have to decide what to do about it. Guess I could just alter the time zone on my computer. I'm not sure if the new schedules account for the time change or not. Not even sure why I care but it is pretty cool to watch the planes come and go when they should. Can't wait till they get the turboprop traffic integrated!David

Yes I think its because the Delta flight plans were done for the Summertimetable so there will be a difference.They are great though. I love the way they have different liveries for the aircraft also.Craig Kiltie

Guest jase439

If anything, that strikes me as an oversight in the MS AI model. Flight times should not be absolute. I suspect things could really get wonky when an AI craft departing from an area that has daylight savings and one that does not (like Arizona or Indiana). The AI engine could incorrectly determine that a flight is "overdue" and delete it from the system. J