Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Angel

Changing weather while FS9 is paused. Can I prevent this?

First of all, thank you for version 4.5. I took an evening flight last night and watched some clouds gather among the foothills of the cascades and it looked incredible.The support you guys provide with regular updates and new features is second-to-none in the FS9 world.I have a question, though. I typically use offline weather with "online updates" unchecked, "use system time" unchecked and "TAF processing" checked. I tend to have to pause the sim for long stretches due to the intrusion of the real world, and when I come back the weather has often changed drastically (for example, I may have been in clear skies but come back to find myself surrounded by clouds -- not good for this VFR-only simpilot).I have FS9 set to "Flight Time", and "rate at which weather changes over time" Set to "none".Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to freeze the weather and make sure that I can pause a flight and come back and find things as I left them?

Hi,Thanks!AS is always processing conditions, even if in offline mode, things can and will change.... It really isn't meant to run with FS paused, but I will work on that in the future...You can prevent AS from updating by going into the options screen - all processing is stopped here.Hope that helps!