Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Torres Strait Weather Stations

G'day Damien & Jim,Firstly I would like to add my congradulations to a fabulous program that has really helped bring FS to life every time I fly, & for solving the problem we were having in the Brisbane Queensland Australia area some time ago.Regarding the subject of this post I have recently begun creating a scenery package for the Torres Strait which is the area from the tip of Cape York (Queensland) to the coast of Papua New Guinea. This area has many islands with small airstrips & it has been while testing this area I have come across two problems which may be related.Firstly it looks like the station both AS2004 & defaulf FS use (YBAM) is no longer providing weather data. I suggest this because for some time now my weather has not changed in FS & when I checked the weather breifing from the AOPA weather site it supplies a NOTAM on the runway only. I can however get a weather briefing from Horn Island (YHID) which not only is the main centre for the Torres Strait it is also only some 20 miles NW from YBAM. Is it possible to change the database to receive weather from YHID & not YBAM?The other problem is if I begin AS2004 when positioned at one of the more northern airstrips near the Papuan coastline I get the following message from AS2004 "Main thread process error - Retrying at next interval". I expect these are probably related.Hope this problem is resolveable as I will be uploading this scenery soon as it is almost completed.Regards,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Hi Jim,Yes I believe so.Once I reposition the aircraft to YHID it seems to pick up the YBAM station however the weather is autogenerated & remains the same.I have also repositioned to YBCS & it picks up the correct weather for that airport.BTW thanks for the quick reply.Regards,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

G'day Gents,Any further thoughts on this?Still getting the "Main thread process error - Retrying at next interval" message even at AYPY which is one of the stations reported in the main screen. Ross

Cheers, Ross

Hi,I found an issue with YBAM area, and the fact there there are normally no stations that report any valid data within over 500nm. YHID is not reporting in any international sources I am aware of. This area issue is fixed, please e-mail me at damianc@hifisim.com and I'll send you a test version. As to the error, I cannot duplicate, we'll need some more information.. any different results if using AS2004.5 normal defaults?Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for the quick response today guys.I have emailed you Damien as requested. I will check & see if the other problem persists with normal defaults & see how it goes.Ross

Cheers, Ross

Have installed the update & everything appears OK. FS is now showing YBAM weather for the area & has apparently fixed the other problem. I have relocated to several airports in the area & everything now seems normal.Thanks very much for this. Will test it further over the next couple of days & let you know how it goes.Regards,Ross

Cheers, Ross

Well gents happy to report that for the past couple of weeks I have not had a re occurance of the problems previously reported. The weather loads OK after picking up the report from YBAM. Have started the sim from various locations around the Strait & it loads every time.Thanks very much for the fix.Hope you all had a Merry Xmas & a great New Year.Regards,Ross

Cheers, Ross