Sign in to follow this  
gsumner

Has anyone found the optimum settings for realism ??

Hi There,Just thought I'd ask a quick question to clear up a little problem I have. This morning I took off from EHAM and the weather was quite bad in repect of visibility. On my departure I was flying mainly through cloud. At about 7,000 feet or so I broke through cloud and continued flying to London Heathrow. As a looked back towards EHAM I saw that the weather was perfectly clear and in fact no overcast at all. I've noticed this a few times were weather has changed quite dramatically. I have all the setting as per the installation guide with repect to visibility etc. I just wondered if someone out there had the perfect settings to get the weather as real as possible. I have a paid copy of FSUIPC. These 2 programs should enable us to get the weather perfect. It will just take ages of tweaking. Has anyone found the perfect settings??. Perhaps the makers of Activesky have discovered their favourite settings. How about we get a little thread going to share each others settings. For example is visibility best used in FSUIPC or Activesky. If so what are the best settings. We should work together to get the best out of these 2 excellent programs. Hope you all think the same.Graham SumnerUKRoute developer

Guest Fjorko

Hi mateI think we all experience the same issues regardless of our settingsI find that if i fly and when i'm over an overcast layer....left and right seems covered, but underneith me, it's all clear.An i'm also experiencing the same issue you just described.....if i look back the weather is not the same as what i just flew through !That is what i meant in my other posts by ( cliuds just dissapear right infront or behind me even though the supression ranges are set)I hope the fix to FSUIPC will fix many of these issues, coz last night AS just drew the most awesome cloudscapes i have ever seen !Such a great product, just a pitty about the visibility issues.

Hi,When climbing out of an area of lower visibility, vis increases as you get higher. If you don't want this effect you can disable vis graduation (AS option). If you aren't using FS9 haze layer depiction (also AS option), you won't see anything that you just climbed through when the vis finally clears. In your case you might want to enable the haze layer depiction.Many times low visibility is mistaken for overcast. We are working on more advanced vis depiction techniques for the future... And the next FS will hopefully enable us to go even further!