Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Need help troubleshooting Overcast

Guest aca_dia

I sure feel like I am getting some funny weather via ActiveSky that I never had an issue with in the past. The unfortunate thing is that I had not really used AS for a bit, but I kept installing any new builds I saw come up. So I don

Guest Boone

Hey Jim, Pretty sure I'll get this sorted out. I had adjusted cloud layers down to bump up frame rates.What got to me initially was when I was on final to EGLL. I could see London below, a few clouds here and there and then the runway 6 miles ahead - clear as day. As soon as I got below 1500 ft SUDDENLY everything went grey, 3 mile visibility, lashing rain. There was no transitition between conditions. I'll do another test here in Dublin today where it is 100% overcast for sure and let you know.Thanks again Jim. (BTW - I do have the paid for version of ActiveSky) Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Hi all,Thanks for your feedback...First, do make sure that your cloud layer limit is at 5 or more to get the thicker overcast conditions shown. Limiting to 2 or 3 means only 1 or 1.5 actual overcast layers can be drawn (if overcast enhancement enabled). Other clouds such as generated cirrus or ground fog can eliminate the other layers you are expecting to see.Second, there were some changes made between not loading a flight plan and loading a flight plan (in AS). Do you get any different results depending on if a flight plan is loaded or not?Third, there are some other problem reports with FSUIPC 3.47 and AS B175 that we are actively troubleshooting. Will report more on this later.. it could be related.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest aca_dia

DamianMy cloud layer limit is off (was set at 5). I have been using the flight plan option with each flight. I will try some flights without it and see if I have any changes. If that does not make a difference maybe I will go back to FSUIPC 3.45 for a bit and see what happens. I will report back.Thanks,Douglas

Guest aca_dia

Just did a quick test with saved weather (everything within about 200 miles is overcast) and I got the same results. I went from IMC to mostly clear with just a scattered layer below me in about 1/2 a second. Douglas

Guest aca_dia

Tried FSUIPC 3.45 and there was no change.Douglas

I too got an abrupt weather change unrealistic compared to past builds and it was an overcast layer that appeared, visibility was low so i'm not sure if it showed a perfect overcast.