Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

HELP! There is Trouble in River City

Boy do I have a problem, And DO I NEED HELP. I have this error at the start of the program FS2002, the error tells me "That FS2002 has decteted 3rd party softwarethat may not be compitable with this Version of FS" The file is "traffic.dll" ( this file is located in "Modules") The error goes on to say "do you want this software, click no will disable the software" I can also click "yes" to install it.But eather way FS2002 will chash and drop out and go back to the Desk Top. I have uninstalled the FS2002 and Reinstalled it 5 times today withe the samt results each time. I have gone as far as to remove FS2000 also but still same thing. The funny thing about (if there is anything funny at this point) is "Traffic.dll" is part of the FS2002's install stuff. This problem came up out of the blue.Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Nash

you need to go into your main fs2k2 folder and find fs2002.cfg file, open this up and search for:[oldmodules]mine is located above the joystick stuff then add in this, actually this is what mine looks like[OLDMODULES]fsflightmax.dll=1FSSound.dll=1tracker.dll=1[JOYSTICK_MAIN {EED32040-0AAE-11D7-8002-444553540000}]see, then just add in whatever 3rd party stuff , etc.the joystick main is there, just put it in above that , save and fireup fs2k2, make sure fs2k2 is not running when you do this to be safehappy simmingciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest RonB49

Read the FS2002 README file. You'll find details on how to fix the "old modules" problem there. R-

Traffic.dll is part of fs2002 and doesn't belong under the OLDMODULES section. You indicated you reinstalled fs2002 five times, but how did you unintall it? It makes a difference!Copy the present fs2002 folder to another area on your hardrive and rename this folder fs2002OLD. Uninstall fs2002 using the Windows Add/Remove Programs Menu, open Windows Explorer and search for the fs2002 folder (NOT fs2002OLD), delete the fs2002 folder, reboot your computer. Reinstall fs2002 into the same location (drive/partition) as before, once reinstalled check to see if you still have the problem. If so, then you have other problems outside of fs2002. If not, the problem is with some addon in your old installation.Make a copy of the fs2002 folder and rename it fs2002NEW. Rename fs2002OLD to fs2002, start fs2002 and see if the problem recurs. If so, close fs2002 if not already closed. Rename fs2002 to fs2002OLD. Either copy fs2002NEW again and rename the copy fs2002 or just rename fs2002NEW to fs2002. Recheck that it is working properly before proceeding. Once checked, you can slowly copy modifications from fs2002OLD to your working copy of fs2002. Test each modification before moving to the next update. If something causes it to stop working you can back the problem out or troubleshoot why it is causing the problem.

1st thanks for your help! Your input was a bit confusing, would restate what you mean? I looked for the files you listed but I found no *.dll files in FS2002.cfg at all. Are you saying that I should add the 3 *.dll files plus the traffic.dll?and as for the other guy that asked how I removed the FS2002, I did use the Uninstall on the FS2K install disk, and the add/remove from the control pannel also. I also after that I went to windows explor and deleted the parts of fs2002 that was remaing under Microsoft Games. so when I got done there was NO trace of FS2002 anywhere! I did this 5 times.Thanks Nash

OK guys I have the RIVER CITY problem FIXED.The problem was in "wondowssystem32"I did a search for "Traffic.dll" and it came back with 2 hits. 1 in FS2002modules and the other in Windowssystem32. So I went to windowssystem32 and renamed that one and tried FS2002, and wala! It runs ok (I think at lease it did not kick me back to the desk top).Thanks for your help.Nash