Sign in to follow this  
patcal

few questions before purchase

Hi, I am considering purchasing Activesky. I currantly use FSmetar for my weather & have a few questions.1. Do I have to load a flight plan to use Activesky? In the online docs, it appears that way. Can I just load the weather & fly?2. How will my performance compare to FSmetar? I have a P4-3.06Ghz with 1 gig ram & Radeon 9600 256meg video.3. Is Activesky compatable with FSnav & the hi performance clouds from FSW? Sorry about all the questions but if I am going to pay $40 I think they are valid. Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,1. Do I have to load a flight plan to use Activesky? In the online docs, it appears that way. Can I just load the weather & fly?I don't do any offline flying at all but as far as I know you can download archives the then just load them and fly no need for a flight plan.2. How will my performance compare to FSmetar? I have a P4-3.06Ghz with 1 gig ram & Radeon 9600 256meg video.If you see my other post "what it's all about" you will see the frames on my pc with full settings in FS etc. Performance is good and visuals are realistic.3. Is Activesky compatable with FSnav & the hi performance clouds from FSW?Cant answer about FSNav but the high performance clouds from FSW will work I have been using them and have moved to FS Sky World 2004. Chris from FSW has joined up with the AS team and they are going to launch a new product Active Environment soon that will allow you to change the entire environment of FS sky, clouds, water etc.One added bonus you will get with active sky is the un-yealding support you will get from their team. I must at this point state that I have nothing at all to do with Active Sky it's production or anything like that, I'm just one very very satisfied customer.