Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Click on AS Icon and tries to start installation msi??

Hi,I installed AS2004.5 and it worked fine. However, now when I click on the AS icon (or AS2004 exec), it attempts to start the installation msi and can't find it. This has happened twice. If someone could point me to a link or post I would appreciate the help. I'm not interested in uninstalling and re-installing this program every other time. I did attempt a search, but I'm not sure what to search for.:) Thanks in advance.Bob...Win XP sp2Admin user rightsRegistery has correct path for program.

Hi Chris and thank you for the quick response. I actually found that thread, but didn't think it applied and didn't read down far enough.I found the problem and it is not the msi package.My antivirus software (Trend Micro PCillon) has a spyware package that sniffs out grayware and such. I have removed two (SPYWR_VTBOUNCE.D) apps from my computer after a Spyware scan. Well apparently what Trend Micro believes is a spyware program is part of the AS2004.5 package. I just did a fresh install and it worked fine. I then ran a spyware scan and the VTBOUNCER.D program was back. I removed it to see if that was causing the AS exec problems and it is. I'm not sure which part of the AS installation is being interpreted as spyware, but apparently it has the compability to track internet useage. Please understand, I'm not saying there is a spyware program loaded on my computer with AS2004 as I understand they can register false positives. Anyone else have Trend PC-cillin 2005 and ran a spyware scan. Bob...

Guest Erups

I saw this once too, with another program though.I had installed something that screwed a lot of programs: many, when doulbe clicked, lunched installation programs.I solved by removing all recent installed programs (were 2 or 3) and the problem went away.

Hi Bob,You are right, this is a false positive. The file in question may be ChilkatZip.dll This is a legit. file, but more and more not so nice programs are using it. We need the file for AS to work and we are not tracking anyone's Internet useage. See if you can configure PC to ignore the file or your FS directory. Then you can drop Trend a note asking for this file to be marked as a valid file. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg