Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

clouds being sketched by an artist

guys my clouds in the distance are being drawn does everyone get this, if not what is the solution. its so annoying.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I get this too, and pretty much always have. It looks ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure it's just a video card and/or driver issue. If there's a fix I'd like to know. I tried reducing my sight distance in several places, but I still get it.

hi Chris what is the rest of your system and video card mine is ati 9800 pro 128 p4 3.0 asus p4p800 and 1 gig of ram.

Hi Jim is this really the only cure i like seeing more clouds in the distance and sight distance whatever that is never seems to work anyway?

I have this problem too.The only way to fix it for me is to set the sight distance (in FS9) at 60 and the cloud draw at 40.This doesn't seem as though it should be this way, as I would like to see more weather building up in the distance at a higher cloud draw distance. I have tried 50 and 60 and always get the 'sketched' clouds in the distance. Really takes away from the realism effect. Are there any better answers to this issue?Thanks. My comp:AMD A64 3000+ (2160 mhz)1024mb RAMRadeon 9800 Pro 128mb (CAT 5.5)

I know thats exactly why i'm trying at two places, to try and see if its my video card. Thanks Jim.

>hi Chris what is the rest of your system and video card mine>is ati 9800 pro 128 p4 3.0 asus p4p800 and 1 gig of ram.GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB video card, Asus A8V-Deluxe, 1 GB DDR400 RAM, Athlon 64 3200+