Sign in to follow this  
Illegitimi non carborundum

ASV upgrade reinstall after removal of AS2004.5

Hi JimHaving successfully installed ASV (upgrade), I would now like to uninstall AS2004.5, as it is no longer needed. However, what happens if I want to reinstall ASV for any reason? Will I have to install AS2004.5 first, or is there another way?ThanksPeter Hayes

Guest flight

Any chance you could give this answer publicly? I'd like to do the same thing.

I have bought and installed the upgrade package. On the website, as well as during the install, it was explained that a full version of ASV is generated when the upgrade installer is run! In my case I believe (am not at home now) it went into d:ASV_INSTALL_FILES. Using the installer in that folder allows you to re-install ASV without the need for AS2004.5 being present. Personaly I think this is a very elegant way of upgrading. It was one of my wishes for ASV to provide a full installer for upgrade customers. Thanks for listening guys! :* I must admit I have not tried to uninstall AS2004.5/ASV and re-install using the full installer yet. So I hope I am right about all this... :+

>This is correct! I just didn't know if Damian wanted this>information released, hence the request for the e-mails.Hello again Jim! Below the text that's publicly available on the site when one follows the link http://sales.hifisim.com/shop/product_info...&products_id=29. The text that appears contains following:This is the UPGRADE VERSION, FOR AS2004 OR AS2004.5 USERS ONLY!AS2004 or AS2004.5 MUST be installed to use this upgrade. Once the upgrade verification installation runs, you will have a full installation package that can be stored for future use. AS2004/.5 will not be required to re-install using this stored full install package.That's why I mentioned it in my above post. It's no secret... ;) Kind regards,Henk-Jan

Guest deKoven

>>Once the upgrade verification installation runs, you will have>a full installation package that can be stored for future use.>AS2004/.5 will not be required to re-install using this stored>full install package.[/b][/i]>>That's why I mentioned it in my above post. It's no secret...>;) >>Kind regards,>Henk-JanHmmm, OK, fair enough! However, for those of us too dumb to read the pertinent facts, how do I get that file back after I've deleted it? (Eyeball daggers WILL be sent to the bitbucket!)Can I just rerun the initial install proggie? I still have AS 4.5 on the system but I want to get rid of it. I see no reason to give it disk space.:D

Though I'm no part of Hifisim support I would suggest following:(1) I assume you DID see the folder c:asv_install_files (c: being your drive), otherwise you couldnt have deleted it... So first check if it's still on your drive or in your Recycle Bin. Duhhhhh....(2) If you indeed removed the full install package from your system, I would re-run the upgrade installer. You still have AS2004.5 installed, so it should work. I havent tried this myself. You may run into a window asking if you want to modify/repair/remove. I would try repair in that case.(3) In case 1 and 2 do not work, I would uninstall ASV and re-install it with the upgrade installer. During the install you are prompted for a location to store the full installer. Remember this location in order to burn it to CD or whatever.Don't forget to also save (burn) the order confirmation message that contains your order number.Again: no guarantees for above suggestions, I'm not a support member...Good luck!