Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Some critical questions about ASV! PLease Help!

Hello Gang!First of all, I guess I was one of the few "Lucky Ones" that was able to download and install in the first try. Good job and a great addon. I do have a few questions:1. Can we safely delete / de-install AS4.5 now that ASV is installed?2. If I de-install AS4.5, would anything about ASV get messed up / affected?3. What does the "Refresh AI" button do in ASV?Thanks for your help!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dennis!1) We have some reports of problems with this order due to Chilkat.zip. We would recommend at this time that you install the upgrade installer (unpack the full version) THEN uninstall AS2004.5. Then install the ASV full version installer. This prevents the AS2004.5 uninstall process from removing files it shouldn't that ASV may depend on.2) see above3) Sets time ahead 2 minutes in FS, so that it forces a reload including AI traffic.. this is helpful for reloading your ATC/AI based on new wx conditions (after first or changed wx load).. to prevent wrong runway assignments. See the manual for more info on this..Best,

Thanks Damian!OK! So off to de-install AS4.5 and ASV and then re-install ASV!! Will report!Thanks for your help!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert