Sign in to follow this  

I have installed and run ActiveSky over 2 computers ever since it was released but now I have a problem.This morning I lost my main HD on my non-FS9 computer so fitted a new one and reinstalled ASVE.When I run ASVE it pauses on 'Reading ICAO station file' and then throws up an error msg "Error on submit...FS Folder Target: "The old OS was Win XP Pro, the new system, only on the non-FS computer, is XP Pro SP2.Both the ASVE and the FS9 directories are shared and file changes allowed.I can open the FS9 texture directory on the non-FS9 computer and add a test text file to it so I think ASVE should have access to it.I'm sure it is something simple I am overlooking but can't think what.Helpful suggestions welcomed.RgdsVulcan

Hi Jim,It's not a path problem I think it is a XP SP2 problem actually accessing the directory.If I try to accesss another directory on my second PC I get a 'path too long' error (which is rubbish as the path is less than 255 characters) so I will search Microsoft's site.As AVSE seems to get stuck on 'reading ICAO station file' where is that file, is it in the ASV directory, FS9 or elsewhwere?Rgds

Hi,That's in the ASV folder, but it does appear the problem is related to the FS9 path with the "Random AE" startup option selected. ASV/AE is attempting to submit/copy the textures to the FS9PathTexture folder and it is failing, thus the error. If the path is correct, double check the security settings, make sure you can write files from the wideFS PC to the FSTexture folder.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Sorry for the late reply Jim and Damian.Shortly after posting FS9 crashed for some unknown reason and I have had to do a reinstall (and all my add-ons :-( ) before I could check out the ASVe problem.After a lot of trial, error and cursing ASVe is now up and running as it should be.