Sign in to follow this  
Guest hrogenes

WX Download : Quick without FS9, slow with FS9 active

Guest hrogenes

Hello,Why is the '~370K' WX download into ASv6 so quick (1 sec) when FS9 is not started, but so terribly slow (>130 sec) when FS9 is active ? It does not matter whether FS9 is paused or even minimized, and there is plenty of idle CPU cycles ...

Hi,It depends on many things.. When FS is active the priority goes high and takes ticks away from everything else. It might be starting with this, perhaps then slowing firewall or AV software, in turn slowing the download process? From 1 sec to 130sec seems a bit severe.. sounds like something is in the mix here?-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest nem

Got the same problem here. And no, there is no other software interfering. Giving the focus to AS by clicking on it doesn't change anything either, so it's not a matter of background process priority.I'd be thankful for any useful tips. Watching the bytes trickle is really a pain...

Guest t288msd

Hi, I've always had this problem too and for me its always to do with available CPU. FS9 uses alot of my AMD3500+/nVidia6600GT for processing. It usually runs at 100% with FS9 as the active window, and at about 60% with FS minimised. With FS minimised my ASv6 downloads are very fast (370K in <10secs). With FS maximised they are very slow (370K in >60secs). If I need a quick weather refresh, I minimise FS9 for 10 secs or so, but normally I can wait the 60 secs. For me its all down to available CPU. Hope this helps.Matt

Guest nem

Thanks for the input, but as I said, giving the focus to AS doesn't change anything. As long as FS is running the download is slow (and it's taking noticeably longer than 60 seconds) - this is nothing that could or should be fixed on the customer's side...

For me is slow when FS not running, fast when FS running.