Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

*** ASv6 Interim Update 1D Now Available ***

Hi all,Update 1D is now available for public testing. This is not an official release. Please use this at your own risk. For the latest available official release, please visit http://sales.hifisim.com/ASv6/downloads.htm.Service Update 1D:http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/ASv6-SU1-D.zipThis Interim release focuses on solving some minor problems reported with prior versions.Further updates may become available and will be posted here on this thread (the download link above always points to the latest available version). Your feedback is appreciated!ASv6 Revision LogNOTE: Due to default option changes, please select

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

thanks a lot Damian.now 2006 sequential d/l works fineLuigi ;-)

>thanks a lot Damian.>now 2006 sequential d/l works fineYup. Working great on my end too! :-)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Greetings,fast work, I'm sure, my compliments. But what about ASV? I know I could update for free to ASv6 (which BTW I consider very generous towards old customers! Thanks!)And indeed I have already downloaded the files, but still need to find out if ASv6 would put additional "load" (HD space, FS9 performance) on my system, so I am hesitating.So, will there be a fix for the 2006 seq. download issue for ASV also?All the best for the new year,and keep up the excellent work! :-beerchug Cheers,Martin

Hi Martin,Since ASv6 is a free upgrade, we have stopped further code development of ASV (version 5) so we can focus on the new technology. If there is a large demand for updating this we will consider that.But... ASv6 has many performance and HD space improvements. I would highly recommend installing it. The small amount of performance issues with ASv6 reported have so far been confirmed fixed with the latest releases, and originally only affected a very small amount of users. In general, due to the new texture generation processes, your clouds are going to look even better and have a much less significant performance hit, even in the highest resolution modes. There are plenty of other improvements all around. Note that ASV takes about 1.5GB to have everything installed with all texture resolution sets. With ASG and the improved texture storage/generation techniques, we have reduced that to about 350MB max (and this includes about 100 times more clouds and other texture content).FWIW, you can have both installed, try them both, and always revert back (I doubt you will!).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hello Damian,WOW! Nine (9) minutes response time, and that during a critical update period -- fantastic service! :-halo As to ASV vs. ASv6: I do see your point and most certainly will now upgrade. I was inclined to do so anyway, of course, just hadn't had time to look into the matter. Now with this first hand info, nothing is going to stop me!Thanks for your fast and informative response, I am looking forward to transitioning to ASv6!(And today is a holiday here in Finland, too :-) )All the best,cheers,Martin

Guest ToMy Li

Thanks for this SU1C Damian... :-halo

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi,I just upgaded from the B version, I am now recieveing this error message when I load the FS2004. ASV6 is running on the FS2004 machine."Error during post submit cleanup. Please check your network configurations and access settings. No files found matching E:Program filesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9modulesASGraphicsWorkTextureSky_noon_o.bmp" cumlus01.bmp (I tried it again) I tried restarting my computer, resaved my settings in the options and in ASG. I was using a presaved flight.I use a flightplan at first and submit the textures, then start the sim, as soon as the sim loads, this error will pop up and ASG window is open as well as ASV6.Will try and roll back to the B versionThanks a bunch,----------------------------my asv6 settings//ASv6 configuration file Build 449[General]WindowPosX = 4020WindowPosY = 3615DefaultWeatherFolder = E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesASv6SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 10FS9Path = E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PersonalAppDataFolder = C:Documents and SettingsVincent SigdaApplication DataCloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59AutoVasFrequency = 30AutoVasStrength = 30TurbulenceFrequency = 50DefaultStartupLocation = KSEADefaultGraphicsFullTheme = Wx-InfluencedDefaultGraphicsCirrusTheme = Wx-InfluencedAutoSubmitGraphicsTheme = TrueIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForcePrimaryServer = TrueForceSecondaryServer = FalseFavorCumulus = FalseForceRoutePressure = FalseForceLowestCeiling = FalseUnpauseOnReadyStatus = TrueForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoSetFSTime = TrueIgnoreFSLocationUntilReady = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueAutoRefreshAI = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceRouteAloftTemp = FalseOfflinePlayback = FalseEnableVAS = TrueAutoGenVAS = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -6AloftPredictability = 80WindDriftRate = 0MaxCloudThickness = 10000MinStratusSeparation = 7000TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = D:Flight Plans

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi again,I recieved a different message this time saying this"There was an error...submit failed...The proccess cannot access the file E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9Texturecirrus_few01.bmp because it is being used by another proccess"Again both ASV6 and ASG windows are openedit: can I just install B overtop of C , or should I reinstall ASV6is there something wrong on my PC.

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi again,I just copied my update B over top of C and the problem went away.I can fly again, :9Thanks for all your hard work and support!!!!

Guest Thunderman24

Thanks a lot Damian for the Update.Archived Download Weather works fine again. Your support is unbeatable. :)Best,George

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi again,I redownlowded Update C1 and reinstalled it over B and it seems to work now. Edit: Just read the forum requests, I am not supposed to report errors in the pinned topics, will make a note of this.Thanks a bunch,

Dang, people actually read those?????!!!! Just giving you a hard time!It's OK, you solved your own problem and posted such!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Jim,Yeah, hopefully the problem went away.I'm glad you have a sense of humar tonight, LOL:-beerchug happy flying

Damian,The update works fine for me. No problems so far. Thanx for the service.Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands