Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

several questions about options menu in ASV 6?

Hi Joe,1. Global writes Off, Automatic global writes On.2. Off 3. Firs one Off, the rest on because you fly many oceanic routes.4. 10,000 and 250.Not a problem asking! You have been gone since the summer!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

1. I have global are writes selected but defaults show it to be not selected, obviously i had it selected for some reason and not sure why, can anyone elaborate on this feature....?2.The same goes for "force lowest ceiling"?3. Extend destination wind force, does this feature have to be selected along with "Force constant route pressure" and "force constant route aloft temperature"? I never had the dest wind force selected in the past, is it suggested to now?4. Suppresion ceiling and suppresion range for a long haul flyer, what should they be set at?The rest I understand very well and I understand its all based on what the user prefers, but having been away for awhile from flight sim, i need to clarify the above features.It may be important to know, as this may change a few settings based on the flying we do, Personally I'm a long haul flyer FL 300 and up and occasionaly do oceanic routes as well.Thanks!

Thanks Jim,1.I noticed in options below Auto submit, there is the option sky theme and cirrus, i have these set on wx influenced however in activesky graphics there is alot more categories should the rest be set to my liking, or also may be set to wx influence, i'm still trying to understand how the rest of the textures get selected and imported into fs9? Example 3D clouds environment etc.....2.As far as turbulence i am one who always wanted lots of it on oceanic routes and i read that this setting should be on 50% but will not matter because the wx conditions will decide the turbulence severity, then i found a thread here with users having this on 100%, can you clarify? My turbulence scale is default in fs9 (1.00000)!

Hi,Please check the manual on for details on the turbulence frequency option. The option will always have an affect as will the weather conditions. The option simply controls the overall frequency based on the certain conditions.In calm winds, nice fair evening, for example, turbulence is unlikely even at 100% because it's just not realistic to render it in this case. In average conditions you'll have light-heavy random turbulence. In severe conditions you'll have severe turbulence 100% of the time.Change turb % to 50 and you'll have what IMO is the "Socal experience", less frequency in normal conditions but still can have heavy turbulence in certain conditions.It all depends on your preference. I suggest trying different settings in different wx conditions (use the configurator to make this easy) and see what works out best for you.If even at 100% you want more turbulence, or you want more general effect that turbulence has on the aircraft, then increase the turbulencescale value in the fs9.cfg. I have seen recommendations by some users to set this to 3... Although personally I believe 1.0 does a pretty good job, of course it all depends on the aircraft...As for auto-submit... think of it this way. ASG always needs a "submit" to occur in order to write textures to FS. Either you can do it via the ASG interface (configure items, load themes, whatever) or you can do it via auto submit. Either way, a "theme" is always submitted, either a "custom" theme done through ASG selection details panel or one chosen via auto-submit options.Hope that helps,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies