Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Mix of FSX and XGraphics textures

No answer from me, I'm afraid, only another question in the same vein: I "don't like" (read "hate") - the runway, taxyway or hardstanding textures: they all appear very painted-by-machine, "in your face", and don't blend in with the surroundings. :( On approach from 5 or 6 miles away the runway, for eg., tarmac or otherwise stands out like a highly visible, sharp-sided block against a normal hazy airport: the taxyway lines are a bright sharp lines, no faded, scruffy, worn dirty yellow. . I've tried all the the supplied textures, and none of them look as realistic as the default do (not to say that the default are any works of art), but I really don't think any of them are as good as they should be. I'm sorry for the criticism, Damian, Jim, Chris, the rest of the application is SO good that I don't think I want to run FSX without it. I did actually uninstall it because of this (and the Message Box error), but then decided to put it back on and live with it. Is there some way to disable those textures and go back to the default textures, please? :-zhelpThanks,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi,Yes you can disable texture non wanted to be used for fsx go to option , advanced option, and uncheck these categories you don't want to install in fsx.Please Paul write to sugession about this issue from our web site contact list.Ps:There is only one issue that's will be fixed in sp1, if you use wx influenced button from asx interface, all texture will be installed, to prevent his, keep open the xg interface open, then click wx influenced from asx interface, then you can close xg after.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Aaaahh. . . Ok, Chris, many thanks. I do use the wx-influenced button from the asx interface. I'm at work at the moment, and don't have access to the docs, so I couldn't do more reading, and the link on the website isn't live as yet.Again - it's a fabulous product, and I don't want to be without it!Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

When I use the XGraphics User Interface it's only possible to choose XGraphics textures. Is it also possible to choose a mix of XGraphics and default FSX textures??