Where is Damian at? His posts have dried up. I would much rather HiFi to focus on fixing ASX rather than moving on to other ventures. ASX and the few major problems it has, upper level winds and overcast skies, have soured me from any future purchases no matter what they are.My opinion only.

Hi Steve,Which thread(s) would you like him to post at? In a very recent thread he stated that work on ASX is not finished in the least. You most realize that we, just as other 3rd party software groups, are greatly influenced by what Microsoft is giving us to work with and when those updates are released.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi,I've been very busy coding... :)Upper level wind shifts and overcast skies limitations are not something that we have the ability simply "fix" as has been addressed in several threads before. We are working on an ASX SP2 which should improve things further but won't eliminate internal FSX problems completely. As Jim says, we have limitations, as always, that we are up against. I think you will find SP2 to be a great deal better however.With ASA, a significant development effort is being undertaken to try and eliminate some of these core FS problems. We're still very early in development however. I can say that if there is something found that can be easily ported to ASX then we'll go ahead and port it over. But at first glance I can say that a re-design in several core areas, that won't be portable, are expected. With all that, please note that ASA will be offered at a significant discount to ASX users. Once you see the full feature list the value will hopefully be apparent, but we are quite a ways out yet. Smoothing is just a very small area of focus.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for the reply Damian and Jim. Noticed I did not say customer support was an issue, it never has been. I step back and look at what I have done with FS2004 to FSX in regards to weather programs and I have gone from "won't even think about starting flight sim without AS6" (and earlier) to, "do I want to mess with ASX because it jacks with my winds and weather so much". These issues could very well be only addressed by Microsoft and not by HiFi, but lets face it, these issues were known prior to ASX's release and yet it seems like it was a big shocker that the customers had to bring it up. So what concerns me is when these other programs are released is what won't they be able to do that is attributed to Microsoft and not brought up publicly so the consumer has a good picture and realistic expectations. Is that out-of-line?Your company's products sell themselves. I just would appreciate a complete picture up front of what is not working the way you want it to no matter who owns the responsibility to fix it.Thanks.Steve