Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dasocael

Simconnect SP1 managed was not found....

Guest Dasocael

Hi first i'm a old user since the first version for FS9 and this product is amazing, but for the moment having a strange problem...Fsx pristine + SP2Intalling ASX then ASGWhen i running ASX this message appear:XEnginSimconnect SP1 managed was not found to be correctly installed on this system its recommended to uninstall and ....Whats wrong ?

Guest Dasocael

Ah ! no... Really ?? thank's !Why did not work ? Everybody said do a clean install then SP2 only... Maybe ASX need to install SP1 first ? Sdk ? no suggestion ? I know my simconnect did not get installed properly, and if i install old SP1 component SP2 will work properly ? need to know before performing a another boring installation... No anti-virus used.Thanks

I'm running into exactly the same issue here, so I'm wondering if there's something amiss by installing acceleration over a fresh, no sp1 install of FSX?I just did a totally clean install, fresh Windows XP, FSX, Accleration, and then added my scenery stuff and all was fine until I tried to install Active Sky and got the same sim connect error message.Couple of days of work down the tubes here as I get ready to do an FSX, SP1, Acceleration, Active Sky install and see if that works better. Oh well. FSX always has me spending more time installing and tweaking and fixing than actually flying.cheers,steve :-)

Hi,We've confirmed that SP1 simconnect IS included in SP2. So if you go from FSX RTM to SP2/Acceleration you will also get SP1 simconnect.The problem is most likely the same issue we've had in the past with occasional bad simconnect installations or perhaps .NET 2.0 was not installed when FSX was (which does not install the managed simconnect files we rely on).In either case the simconnect troubleshooting chapter in the ASX manual should be followed, substituting "SP1" with "SP2/Acceleration" (these docs are updated for ASX SP2). Essentially you can reinstall just the FSX Accelleration/SP2 upgrade or if it still doesn't work, and the simconnect file is bad somehow, you can manually reset it by deleting the winsxs entry for SP1 simconnect and reinstall upgradeagain to have it reinstalled.FWIW, there is another method that can be used if you have the Deluxe version of FSX, and that is to use the SDK's simconnect.msi installer which is located in the SDKCore UtilitiesSimconnect folder after SDK installation (SDK must be updated to at least SP1). This can be run on its own or after manually deleting the SP1 simconnect winsxs entry, and replaces the step to remove/reinstall the FSX update.Please let us know if this helps and what your outcome is. Thanks!

Damian,The simconnect installer in the SDK fixed the problem with no reinstalls. Everything is working fine now.Again, thanks for the help on this. Makes it easy to buy new stuff when you guys come out with it. Thats not true for everyone.cheers,steve :)