Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoNicM

XPAK and SimConnect - Install/uninstall... don't know what to do now?

Guest SoNicM

Hi,I've had XPAK now for about a week and as yet have not been able to use it as it won't connect to fsx on vista x64, I have tried to uninstall it but the simconnect.dll in the: "x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20" can't be removed by me in normal or safe mode and I have admin access:I get the error:You need permission to peform this actionSimconnect.dllFile Descrption: Flight Simulator SimConnect clientVersion: 10.0.61355.0Date: 04/10/2007 18:38Size 38kI think I have run across this before that vista has a user better than an admin but I can't remember how i fixed it, any help would be appreciated.ThanksMike

Hi Mike,Are you getting an error message about XPax not connecting? Any details here would help tremendously.As to deleting that file, are you positive FSX is closed? And any other add-on that may be using simconnect is closed? I would suggestion closing everything, restarting the machine and trying again.However, it very well may be XPax that is OPEN with this simconnect file open. How are you noting that there is no FSX connection?Best,

Guest SoNicM

Hi,Yeah I don't think it's a XPAK thing or FSX thing more like a Vista thing (sorry to be vague). I have tried loading into safe mode command prompt and it still says I don't have rights to remove the file.If I reinstall SP1 and try XPAK it says don't the bottom of the main window unable to connect, also the same in SP2.I seem to be ok uninstalling SP2 but when I uninstall SP1 it does not remove the simconnect dll in the C:Windowswinsxs path.I don't actually get an error message from XPAK it just unable to connect in the status bar of the main screen.ThanksMike.

>I've had XPAK now for about a week and as yet have not been>able to use it as it won't connect to fsx on vista x64, I have>tried to uninstall it but the simconnect.dll in the:>"x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20">can't be removed by me in normal or safe mode and I have admin>access:>>I get the error:>>You need permission to peform this action>Simconnect.dll>File Descrption: Flight Simulator SimConnect client>Version: 10.0.61355.0>Date: 04/10/2007 18:38>Size 38kIt is because it has been installed by the "TrustedInstaller" and nothing you can do can give you the same access rights to this as it.The only thing you can do is go and take ownership of the file, then give yourself access rights to it and then finally remove it. I had the same issue and took a while to work it out.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi,In that case your SimConnect files appear fine, and there really should not be a reason to delete this, unless there is some other issue I am unaware of? Do you have any other simconnect add-ons running that work? Have you played with the simconnect.cfg, .ini or .xml files by any chance? It sounds sort of like there is a missing local comms section in the .xml. Either that or firewall software preventing simconnect communications. Let us know if this helps?Best,

Guest SoNicM

Hi,Yes I managed to remove the sim connect files by taking ownership of them but now after reinstalling SP1 and 2 then loading XPAx I get the following error:SimConnect SP1 (10.0.61242.0) for FSX could not be loaded! Please check the SimConnect troubleshooting chapter in the documentation!Mike

Guest SoNicM

I can add now that the directory:x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20does not get recreated when I install SP1 so I guess that something has screwed up there as well?

Guest SoNicM

I have UAC turned off and have my account setup as an administrator, I'm wondering if part of SP1 has stayed installed but I don't know how to check, it's certainly made the problem worse removing the simconnect.dll file though.

Hi,Please send an e-mail to damianc AT hifisim.com and I will assist. As I mentioned earlier, there was nothing originally wrong with the simconnect files since you did not get this "Sp1 simconnect not found" error. Anyhow, contact me and we'll get your simconnect files installed again right, then continue to fix the original issue.Best,