Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

A couple of questions, ref: upgrade to 6.5.

Hi Jim and the team.Having been an Activesky user since 2004, I continue to be amazed by what Activesky does to my virtual skies, so although I've said it before, a continued thanks for the product, and the support.I completed a reinstall of Windows about 10 days ago, and have almost got my reinstall of FS2004 back up to speed. Fortunately I have most of my payware installers saved to CD, so there was no problem reinstalling AS, but it is version 6. There was also a service pack saved with the installer, so I duly installed that also. My AS window states that it is build 523. I wondered if you could tell me how I can go about downloading the necassary file or setup to get back to AS6.5 or the latest build relevant to FS2004?My second question is as follows. Despite messing with some settings, Activesky is not rendering the skies of my new installation in even remotely the same realism that it did prior to my system reinstall. My settings were as per a screenshot that someone had posted of their AS setup, probably here on this forum, about 18 months ago! If anyone remembers who this was, or would care to share their options settings then I would be most appreciative! The main setting that I don't seem to be able to get back how I'd like it, is the one which sets visibility at high level cruise altitudes. It was set so that visibility was always low enough at average jet cruise altitude (eg FL320), that the horizon was NEVER visible, and thus the annoying disruption of horizon rendering at that distance was invisible.My apologies for my long winded descriptions!Thanks again for the ever superb Active Sky!Regards,Al.