i've been looking at ASX and XG and it looks like a pretty impressive combination. i'm very interested in purchasing the bundle, so i've been reading the documentation on the hifi website (very nice site, btw).before i go ahead and purchase this, i just wanna understand exactly how this works, as some things were not clear to me in the documentation...1) ASX needs to be running behind FSX, correct? when do you apply the weather? during the flight planning screen? or do you have to actually load a flight first (i.e. be in the cockpit)?2) i understand that XG works in conjunction with ASX, where the appropriate XG textures are chosen based on the weather. but say i decide to just jump right into FSX with no weather or anything. are the XG textures that were previously installed by ASX still in effect?i apologize if these questions had been answered elsewhere. thanks for the help.

1. it runs in the background basically. generally i will load up the flight planner, then start asx, which will take a few minutes to do stuff while it downloads and parses weather and so forth. while it is revving up i will pick my planes, flight planning, setup fuel load, etc.once you start your flight, asx will do a little bit more processing (you'll see messages in fsx window like "asx beginning weather depiction" followed by "depiction complete!" and that is pretty much it. it really doesn't matter, the only thing i've noticed is that if you have other mods that read weather like radar contact it is good to wait until you see the complete message before you start them up or the two can be out of sync.sometimes when i'm flying big jets after the depiction is done i will go back to asx and import the flight plan to get the averaged winds for my trip, which helps for quickly checking that i'm carrying the proper amount of fuel. (in planes with an FMS anyway.) i'll also program more detailed winds info later during cruise phase, so in this case i'm usually putting fsx into windowed mode side by side with the asx window for a few minutes, and then back. 2. sorry i don't know about that one, don't have XGcheers,-andy crosby

Hi "2) i understand that XG works in conjunction with ASX, where the appropriate XG textures are chosen based on the weather. but say i decide to just jump right into FSX with no weather or anything. are the XG textures that were previously installed by ASX still in effect?"yes, but you can use xg without asx and select your own texture you want with default fsx weather generator, xg can be used seperate or with asx. ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis